•×•Chapter One•×•

Downtown people don't really pay attention to other people. I for one keep getting pushed around. "hey watch it loser" someone said as I was pushed out of the way. I got upset. "i-im not a loser" I mumble. It was obviously too late, I said it when he left. To be honest I'm a pussy and wouldn't fight because someone stole from me. It's why I have nothing. When my mother taught me that I couldn't have what I wanted, I was willing to prove her wrong, but after my father took her life and got agressive with me, things went downhill. He wouldn't beat me if I listened and so I grew to do what I'm told.

"People are walking here" a basic white girl said. I was shoved against the wall of a building. "I just wanna get to my apartment" I said. I saw some kids running on the sidewalk. I smile at them, they had so much to live for and grown people don't see that here. They looked like they were really happy. They kick a ball they were playing towards me and I do a little trick I learned in highschool. They looked at me like I was a superstar and I felt a warm feeling inside. They laughed when I kicked it back to them. I wish there was something I could accomplish now. I could have gotten into a soccer team but people don't give me chances when they see me.

"Hey do you need help" I ask a lady that looked like she was carrying too much. She looks at me. "Yes, why thank you young man" she said giving a sweet smile. I take the bags from her hand and offer my arm to her to walk her home. "Tell me where we gotta go" I said. I just got off work so I had time to walk this lady home. She lead me to a fancy hotel, I gawk at it. She takes me with her inside, I got glares and people started whispering about me. "That dude looks like shit". "Is he doing this to get her money". "Poor man, does he need a job or something, maybe she can ask him to clean after her cats". The statements were harsh and foul bit I tried to ignore them.

I walk into the elevator and she pushes the button to her floor. When we arrive she opens the door and showed me where to put the bags. She digs around and pulls out two hundred dollars. "M-Ma'am... I can't take this, All I did was help you get to your room and carry bags for you" I said. She smiles. "But your the one person that did that in all of my days of struggle. You took your own time to help me and you could be home eating or sleeping right now..." she said grabbing my hand and putting the money in it then closing it. I smile and shake a bit. "Thank you ma'am..." I said. "Come visit anytime!" She called. I open the door and leave, closing it behind me.

I leave the building, still getting dirty comments and glares from others. I leave the complex building and head towards my own apartment building. There was an alleyway shortcut to my apartment building. I turn down the dark alleyway, it was nice when you got used to it. I ran my fingers against the purple walls of the building on the left. I see one man in the clearing. I ignore him.

I glanced back and saw the man wore a similar outfit, just a bit different. He had a messy looking dirty teal looking head of hair. His eyes were covered with shadows from a brown hat he wore. I continue walking to the building. That man seemed shady but then again he probably lives here. I unlocked my door and was greeted to a dim light.

I sigh and close the door, looking it, because New York was bad in areas like this. I look and see that the plant I was trying to grow was wilting. I look outside to realize the moon was out. "how did I not recognize that it was dark, I mean the walls were purple." I said to myself. I turn off the lights and fall face first onto the bed in the room. "Jesus... Get ahold of yourself." I said.

I got up and looked outside the window. There were different colours of a fog coming from the alleyway. It was too dark to see who it was but I'm pretty sure it was the guy from earlier. I sigh and fall asleep watching the moon and fog smoke mix do a dance. It was colourful and nice.