Chapter 1: Behind Her Mask

Start from the beginning

On the other hand, one of the girls in the class seems to be annoyed at Jabami. She rested her chin on her hands and click tongue at her.

Upon finishing answering all sorts of questions from our classmates, my turn finally came.

"My name is Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. I don't have any particular hobbies, but I enjoy reading books. Please take care of me." I said and gave a bow.

"Kyaaah!" or so the girls said. It actually shocked me that a human being can moan that loud.

"He's so hot!"

"He said he like reading books right? Maybe I'll read some books too!"

Dialogs like that can be heard here and there inside the room. I let out a sigh yet again. If only I could earn money just by sighing, I would've acquired millions and billions of yen to bet on this gambling.

"If you have any other questions for Ayanokoji-kun, please ask him away." The teacher said with a grin.

Wait, doesn't he need my permission to say that?

"Ayanokoji-kun, what school did you attend to before?" One of the girls asked.

"Oh, right. I studied at Advance Nurturing High School until today, as you can see on my uniform."

"You got expelled? Failing grade, perhaps?"

"No. Personal matters."

This whole scenario repeated for a few minutes. Asking me about personal preferences, what I like about other things and all. As I wandered my eyes around, my gaze drifted to the girls to a certain boy with an uninterested face.

I'm not interested on his looks, but instead, the tag on his collar. There's a word on the tag "Pochi". So it means that he became a pet. I wonder who his owner is?

But anyway, as the hearing finally ended, my tired body slump in the seat on the back of the room. I need to be appropriate, at the very least, that's why I composed myself and sat up straight on my chair.

Though, to be perfectly blunt? All of my energy got wasted on all of that questions. Really, girls are scary, aren't they?

As lunck break arrived, the class representative- which is the boy with the tag named Ryota Suzui, pulled me and Jabami out of the room to fulfill his role. The teacher asked for him to guide us around the school, so that we can familiarize it for our ourselves.

"Pretty! It's a superb school, I'm glad I enrolled here!" Jabami said as she held both of her hands with a smile.

Seeing her smile, why do I feel a completely different aura hidden behind it? Is she, perhaps a person like Kushida?

Suzui must've noticed her 'innocent' trait. A personality you wouldn't expect from a school such as this.

"Umm... Jabami-san, do you...perhaps, know how to gamble...?"

"Gamble? Do you mean Mahjong or Poker? I kinda know the rules, yes."

"Is that so...?" He scratched his cheeks as he explained to Jabami the tradition of the school.

The hierarchy system. The pet's and the moneys bet on the line. I expected that Jabami, considering the personality she showes on us earlier, will get scared by this facts.

However...

"Fufufu..."

I took a glance at her. Her overall aura completely changed. It looks like what they called 'sadistic'. Her eyes somewhat turned a bit red. A smile that will send shivers down your spine.

"It sounds really... Interesting.❤️"

( This is the first I've used an emoji in my fanfics lmao )

The tour continued in awkward silence. Jabami managed to destroy that atmosphere by speaking praises to the schools interior. I mean, I agree that the school itself looks good.

The plants are well-maintained, the walls looks good as new, the campus itself is clean and the rooms are sanitized as well.

But one thing that bothers me, is the student council. It's normal that the chairman of the school has the highest authority there is, just like in ANHS. But, all things that's happening here are managed by the StuCo.

So, the president of the council wields an authority that surpasses those of the chairman? Unbelievable.

Even the Elder Horikita, the past StuCo. President of ANHS, only has a partial control over the school. No, cut that thought. They only have a certain authority in the students.

Things like getting the results of every year's exams, rules about the following exams and such. It's all based on the worth of the president itself.

Yet, the president here is almost the same as the chairman. A position that no other students can get, got acquired by Kirari Momobami.

Anyway, there's no point in thinking about them. I'm sure they wouldn't pay attention to a newbie gambler like me right? I'm just a simple, normal transfer student at Hyakkaou Private Academy.

Anything that will happen here, may it be major or not, doesn't have anything to do with me. My goal is to spread that man's name here, so that he will gain more support in the White Room.

And how will I do that? Surpass challenges to maintain my peace at this school.

But most of all...

Win gambles.