But Subaru wasn't listening to Regulus's ranting. He was panicking and in deep thought.

This was probably the worst case scenario for Subaru, since he wouldn't be able to trick Regulus into fighting the White Whale, that in and in of itself isn't the worst of problems, since Crusch would be there. But who will protect Rem and Crusch from the cluthes of Gluttony?

Regulus: You know, it's rude to not listen to someone while their talking, especially not after you asked what I meant by "no" though it does still amaze me how you don't even comprehend the world "no".

Subaru:...H-Hey...Is there ANYTHING I could offer you to convince you to come with us?

Regulus: My answer is no. Hopefully you understand this time what I meant by "no" Also, why do you want me to come with you so much? Usually you can't even be near me without looking at me rudely.

Subaru:...Crap...

Regulus: Are we done now? Or are you going to waste more of my precious time?

Subaru:....Atleast....Do me a favor.

Regulus: Hah?! Why should I do something for you? I don't owe you anything. Actually, you should be the one doing a favor for me, after all i've saved you a lot by now. So why don't you explain to me why I should waste my time doing a favor for you?

Subaru: I want you to save Rem for me.

.........

Regulus: First of all, I just did that a month ago and if you know that she'll be in danger, then why don't YOU go and save her?

Subaru did think about what he said.....but what is he supposed to do? He knows that no matter what Rem would go with him to fight the White Whale and what is he supposed to do against another Sin Archbishop? Most of the forces he had after the White Whale battle have to go and fight Sloth so that the casualties there can be kept to an absolute minimum. So the only ones that could fight Gluttony are Crush and Rem, but that clearly didn't work out last time since Crush lost her memories and Rem was erased from existance.

He knows he can't get more soldiers to fight another Sin Archbishop, because there's no way he could convience any one to send more troops without proof and the amount of lives lost would be massive.

So, what is Subaru supposed to do? He probably couldn't convience Felix to let Rem come with him to fight Sloth, and that would just leave Crush to the hands of Gluttony.

Regulus: Hey. Stop ignoring me, I asked you a simple question, so answer it before I close the door.

Subaru:....Because.....Because.....

Subaru knew how to answer that question, but he didn't want to say it to Regulus.

Regulus simply scoffed and started closing the door.

But before he could Subaru put his foot in between the door frame.

Subaru: Because i'm weak, I have no special ability, no Divine Protection, useless magic and no special physical ability to speak of.

...........

Subaru: And look at you, you have one of the strongest abilities that i've ever seen and trust me, i've even seen what the Sword Saint can do.

Regulus:....Then answer me this. Who is the "threat" you speak of?

Subaru:...The Sin Archbishop of Gluttony.

Regulus: *sigh* Where will he strike?

Subaru looked at Regulus, with a bit of actual hope in his eyes.