❝ Ohhh, is he always the winner? ❞ Now it was getting obvious that this Taehyun dude must be competitive as rumours say.

❝ Why? Are you interested in him? , raising a quirky brow, the playful boy asks an unbelievable question just to earn a playful click on the forehead by Hwang Mijin. ❝ Yah, what kind of question is that to your own girlfriend? ❞ , the irony youngster glares as she questions.

Mijin's loyalty was indeed something to which Jongseong could show a lot of respect. The satisfied boy leaned back against his chair in a breathtaking manner as Mijin just admired his side profile. ❝ I was just kidding, lmao. And yes, the guy's always been secretive like that. Are you that close with him? ❞ Came to think of it, Jongseong'd never seen his soulmate hanging out often with the mischievous heir before around their campus.

To be honest, Park Jisung's the only friend she has although Jay disliked letting his girl hang out with someone who used to be her ex-admirer.

❝ Not even close if I have to be honest. We kinda met through Jisung and I don't know...I just don't like his bad vibes but I must be overthinking stuff again. He seems nice enough though. ❞ Mijin concluded her thoughts with a censoring smile so that she'd rather stop thinking about such stuff than not enjoy their important date together.

❝ But if our Jinjin says that she's suspicious of this guy, then Jinjin should stay away from that guy. ❞ Jongseong suddenly booped her pointy nose out of adoration, making Mijin chuckle as this dude really be treating a nineteen-year-old young adult like her as a baby only.

-

❝ Woah, they legit reserved the whole cinema just for us??? ❞ Mijin with her huge cat eyes being widened just roamed around the spot as she couldn't believe that she and Jay were the only ones who are gonna watch the movie together inside this huge and empty hall.

❝ Cool, right? ❞ Indeed it was but the expenses to borrow the whole place must be so huge. Rich people issues were the only comment Mijin's able to make. Not wasting any more seconds on their date, Jay just pulled Mijin closer towards the comfortable sofa next to his seat. And the food prepared in front of them was making the two soulmates speechless with the amount of luxury they're currently enjoying.

Being too focused on the movie made Mijin a bit messy with the tomato sauce while taking a slice of pizza into her mouth. ❝ Geez, you're such a clumsy baby. ❞ Wiping with a tissue as the caring boyfriend he was, the guy leaned in a bit forward closer to paint some cute blushes by nature onto Mijin's puffy cheeks.

❝ Someone's shy~ . ❞ , Jay teases with a huge grin plastering all over his handsome face as Mijin almost choked on her pizza after getting caught. ❝ I-I'm not! ❞ , she tries to deny but after bonding with his soulmate for some amount of time, the boyfriend seemed to know better about his girl than she knows herself.

❝ Yeah, I'll try to believe you cutie. ❞ Patting the back of her tiny and circular head, the guy sipped his cola with satisfaction to know that he had a huge impact on her as well.

❝ Yah, don't smile when you're drinking. You're gonna choke. ❞ , Mijin was alarmed with her knitted brows while reviewing Jongseong beside her who couldn't stop smiling like a fool.

❝ Ay~ , are you worried for me now cutie? ❞ Why did the nickname cutie sound so cute and heart fluttering when it came out of his mouth. ❝ Shut up, I'm not. ❞ , Mijin joyfully hissed before avoiding her reddish cheeks from being seen as Jongseong'd easily take it as an opportunity to keep on teasing.

❝ No wonder why you're so corny. ❞ , Mijin blurts out the lingering words meanwhile pretending to focus her mind on the huge screen but sincerely to her perspective, she knows that her heart and mind was contemplating on Jay who looked too fine with just breathing by her side.

❝ You eat too much corn, that's why. ❞ Was that supposed to be a pun or what? ❝ AHAHAHA. But not gonna lie, that's a good one. ❞ If the two loud and chaotic soulmates were in a public cinema at the moment, no doubt that they'd get kicked out for being too noisy.

Romance wasn't much of a necessity to Mijin until Jongseong appeared into her life. And her anti-romantic personality still exists as the girl already dozed off into a deep sleep with her head staggering to the sides.

Just when Jongseong's busy yawning, his eyes noticed Mijin who's sound asleep without even caution.

Chuckling for a bit, Jay smiles to himself before proceeding to cover up Mijin with the warm blanket in case she's shivering. Gently placing her tired head onto one of his broad shoulders, the boy took a lovely moment to caress her face, not too obviously enough to wake her up though.

❝ I love you Hwang Mijin. ❞

The tsundere female wasn't that fully asleep but just drowsy as she grinned when her ears witnessed Jongseong's sincere words which came out of his mouth.

After planting a forehead kiss, Jay also layered his head above hers as the couple drifted into a small nap with their fingers being intertwined. The silence was relaxing as their auras engulfed each other which led the two young adults to be carefree just for a while.

Everything's perfect.

Just like the calm before the storm.

« end of a chapter »