I KILLED HIM

My red ball gown was now dripping with mud and blood while I dragged the sword dripping with blood through the corridors of my kingdom, tears were streaming down my eyes, but my crown was still stable on my head.

People called me the queen, I was the most powerful person on this kingdom and no one could take that honor away from me, I enjoyed killing my enemies, but I don't think I can do this, I don't think I can kill the man I hated for years because I fell for him.

I got used to his peppermint scent and the warmness of his body when he used to place the dagger just above my waist and held my hair with another hand. Today I finally had the chance to kill him, because if I didn't do it my enemies sure will and I don't want him to die because of my pathetic decisions in the past which lead to this chaos.

So I had to do it I need to kill him, I open the gates of the ballroom, people bowed in front of me and started whispering things and among the pile of people I spotted him easily, holding a glass of scotch in his hand.

I started walking towards him and now we were inches apart, I could sense his smell, I looked into his green eyes, and then he took my hand which was clutching  the sword and placed it on his stomach and then he spoke" Do it Princess, I know you can do it I believe in you". 

A tear escaped from his eyes and I removed the sword and latched my lips onto his and he held my waist tightly and pulled me closer , we kissed like the world was ending , tears streaming from both of our eyes and then I raised my sword and stabbed him in the back. He slowly stopped kissing me and said " I love you Aurora, and I am so proud of you".

I slowly realized what have I done and then whispered " I love you too Diego and I am so sorry". His body collapsed on the floor and people started screaming I kneeled down in front of him and started caressing his face, I couldn't hear anything , it felt like the world already ended. I kissed him one last time.

I picked up my crown and placed it on my head and marched towards my throne and I sat on my throne, It's power consumed me once again and reminded me of who I am and for the first time in my life I felt a very strange feeling and then I slowly realized that all I felt at this moment was guilt and power at the same time.