Chapter 11: A Dragon's Conflict

Start from the beginning

"Those Viking scums and the Flightmare." Hiccup sits down to think. "And I almost killed one."

"Are you crazy Hiccup we are not suppose to kill Vikings, remember we are the symbol of unity between the two races." Toothless clearly shocked that his rider almost commited murder.

"I can't help myself Toothless my body was like moving on its own." Hiccup looks at his own hands trying to deny his doing.

"Well where is the Flightmare?" Toothless tries to change the subject.

"His nearby, by the river." Hiccup points at the direction of their target, Toothless nods and they both try to approach it without startling it. The ghostly dragon still continues to siphon the waters of it's glowing mass. As it continues to devour, it glows brighter by the second. Hiccup slowly approaches.

"I know your there foolish viking!" The dragon shot two glowing projectiles at Hiccup but he dodges it at the last second.

"Hiccup are you alright!" Toothless goes in a defensive stance cover Hiccup with his wings and stands upright to make himself look bigger and intimidating.

"Toothless stop its alright he was just a little protective of his food." Hiccup comes out of Toothless' wings and tries to talk it out with the Flightmare.

"A human that speaks the green-blood's tongue? Very intersting." The Flightmare sniffs Hiccup for any signs of danger but he didn't find anything unsual about him. His scent was  just like a dragon. "Just who are you human?" The Flightmare asks.

"I am the prince of  dragons, I guess you never heard of me." Hiccup touches the Flightmare's snout letting it know his not lying. "The King of Icy North gave me new life so I can unite the worlds of both Viking and Dragons alike." Hiccup explains his duty.

"So your Blizzardmane's hatchling or should I say his adopted human reborn by his sacred blood." The Flightmare sits down and listens more.

"The king had a vision that someone will come and kill you." Toothless starts.

"And to avoid that he sent us to find you and escort you back to his palace. He has the so called Mist Stone." Hiccup continues.

"The Mist Stone that rock can let me see the algaes even without Arvindole's Fire." The Flightmare jumps around in a very happy mood. "But human I need several gallons of algae to fly to Blizzardmane's palace I would need more time before we start the exodus."

"Consider yourself protected." Hiccup ensures the Flightmare. "Toothless we need to be ready for this threath of ours. Search!" Hiccup and Toothless starts looking around for any signs of Vikings.

Meanwhile at the Raven's Point

The gang of Vikings continues to search for Snotlout and Astrid but to no avail they didn't lit any torches so that the Flightmare can't spot them. They were growing tired of searching until they found Astrid wetting her axe with a flint. The other sighed in relief and slowly approach her.

"What are guys doing here?" Astrid continues to sharpen her axe while facing them.

"We were wondering when will comeback to the village." Thyreim questions her calmly knowing what would be her answer.

"Isn't it obvious I will not stop until my prey shall die, and the Hofferson's name be avenge." She stands up and but only to be stop by the twins pinning her arms.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS LET ME GO!" Astrid yelled to the top of her voice trying to pry open the twins vice like grip on her.

"Sorry Astrid this is for your own good." Thyriem takes a small pouch from his belt and took a handfull of a bluish powder.

"What in Thor's name is that suppose to be?" Astrid continues to struggle.

"This is some sleeping powder, now hold still cause this is very potent." Thyriem blows a powder to Astrid's face, and just like that she went out like a light.

"Wow I've never this would instantly put you out . Frejya grabs hold of Astrid by the right shoulder and Thyriem by the left.

"Now all we need is Snot-"

"AAAAAHHHHH!" They heard a loud shriek coming from the front.

"Now that's a manly scream." Tuffnut starts laughing, and enters Snotlout running for his dear life.

"NO TIME TO EXPLAIN RRRRUUUUUNNNN!" Snoutlout didnt stop running as he tries to explain, and left the team clueless for a second until they've heard a deafening shriek. The dreaded Flightmare emerges from the trees, and traps the team of vikings into making them run inside the cove.

"We're traped! And we left Astrid!" Frejya was starting to get scared.

"Frejya keep it together use your eel blood bolts!" Thyriem commanded making her sister rumage her satchel and took out a vial of eel's blood. She quickly dips her bolts and loads them up to her crossbow. She aimed at the entrance waiting for it to come.

"Everybody defensive position, keep your eyes peeled, don't let that monster get us!" Thyriem tries his best to protect his friends. The twins guards the left flank, Fishlegs whimpers but tried to fight it and defends the right flank, Thyriem guards front and Snoutlout at back while Frejya is in the middle preparing her shot. Moments passed not sound is to be heard it seems that the beast is gone but Thyriem tells everyone to not keep their guard down and stay active.

"Ugh! How long are we gonna wait?" Tuffnut gets really bored. They were about to withdraw and rescue Astrid but a boulder fell out of nowhere sealing the entrance.

"Now we are totally trap!" Fishlegs tries not to get scared.

The Flightmare zooms in the cove sending out a huge radiant glow that blinded the team of vikings sending them to their knees. The dragon slowly moves in for the kill targeting Frejya. Its jaws open up to spew a glowing mist on her causing her to become paralyzed in fear, she can't escape her impending doom.

"FREJYA NNOOO TAKE ME INSTEAD, NOT MY SISTER!!"  Thyriem stands up lunges against the Flightmare only to be swated like a bug by its tail. Thyriem crashed into a pile of rocks breaking his arms and legs. The Flightmare turns to Frejya opens it's mouth only inches away from devouring her. Until a axe finds its way on to the beast's snout making it shrieks in pain, and axe belomgs to...

"ASTRID HOW?!" Thyriem shocked seeing her awake.

"Didn't inhale the powder. Looks like you and me have some unfinished business." She circles the Flightmare, while Thyriem limps towards the paralyzed Freyja to get her to safety.

Astrid took a spare axe and charges in, she aims for the head, but the Flightmare was no pushover it dodge her cleave right away. Then its the dragon turn to be on the offensive it starts to spew its fear mist of Astrid who turns out grabs a shield to defend herself. Once seeing the shield it pounched on Astrid causing her to be pinned on the ground making it hard for her to move, her lower half was starting to get crushed. She takes a dagger and stabs it on the leg causing it to let go. Astrid and the rest took this opurtunity to throw bolas on its legs and wings, the Flightmare was completely defenseless and overpowered by the sheer force of this Viking team. Astrid commanded the rest to secure the dragon's bindings. As she slowly walks up to it the dragon, it opens it mouth to deliver it's fear mist. Astrid stomp on it clmping its mouth shut, though it was very tenaicious and tries to wriggle out of it.

"I've waited for long time for this." Astrid raises her axe. Another hand also held on to her axe, it was Thyriem. They faced each other and gave each other thier nods.

"For my clan's name!"

"For my sister!"

"WE BANISH YOU BACK TO HELLHIEM!!!" They swing will all their might.

Flesh cleaved and bones shatter.