Chapter Thirty-Four: Sixth Year

Start from the beginning

"Shove off, Draco." Victoria spat before standing up from her seat. "If you wanted me to leave so bad you could've just said it, you don't need Blaise involved."

She grabbed her small bag that she kept under the seat and swung it towards him in annoyance. He caught it with his hand before tossing it back to her.

"Prick." she mutters as she closed the door.

The air grew cold as she left, bringing chills down my spine. There was something about Draco that seemed off, which I didn't like. Ever since he sat next to me, he's been distant.

His eyes remained glued to the floor, trying to come up with every excuse not to look up at me. His hands balled into fists, veins popping so far out I'm afraid they'll burst.

"Draco," I say softly. "Something happened with you. I don't know what it is and I'm not expecting you to tell me, but I just want to know how you're feeling."

Instead of turning towards me, he turned away, his expression only hardening with every breath. The air was tense between us and I knew he was avoiding telling me the truth. I placed my hand next to him, in hopes of him knowing that I cared.

"Come on Dr-"

He gripped my wrist tightly in his hand as he snapped his head towards mine. His rings dug deep into my skin as I winced from the pain.

"Stop asking what's going on in my life. Stop asking if I'm okay, stop begging me to answer you." he says, dragging me off my seat and slamming me into the wall before continuing. Both of his hands were on my wrists so I was unable to do anything. "Now, shut your mouth before I make you."

With that, he freed his hands from mine, walking back to his seat as the train started to move.

I slid down in the seat I was next to, keeping my distance from him.

I could hear his harsh, deep breaths getting louder as time continued. He stared at the ground as I rubbed my aching wrists. We sat in silence for the next few minutes before his face turned to mine. His silvery eyes slanted with suspicion, showing specks of blue scattered in his irises.

"Are you really hurt?" he sighs, not breaking the eye contact between us.

I shake my head, taking a glance at my wrists which have turned a fiery red within the time that my back was unwillingly pressed against the cold train doors.

The tension between us was so thick, you could cut it with a knife.

"I'm going to walk on the train and stretch my legs for a little while." I exclaim, slowly standing up from my position as my eyes stayed on his. I wish those blue eyes would just beg me to stay. One word would make me stay and all he needs to do is open his mouth.

One word.

I watched his eyes fall as I escaped through the train door, glancing away from him. Hearing the movement of my feet and the train's wheels on the track with every step.

I heard whispers from people in the hall, slowly getting louder as I made my way towards them. My arms swayed by my side as I walked inside the train, in hopes of some answers.

"You're my friend, correct?" a familiar voice asks.

Katherine.

I hid between a cart door, only able to see Katherine and Landon. Their bodies nearly touched each other as her face tilts upwards, the look of lust gleamed inside her eyes.

"Friends do anything for each other, so how would you like it if you did anything with me?" she asks him.

I knew what she meant by anything.