17 - Mother of the Groom

The S.S Tipton left Italy and Jack's parents boarded the first flight back to New York.

Jack and Evan broke the news to their friends that Jack was leaving at the end of the school year. It left them shocked and outraged that his parents were making him leave.

"What are you going to do?" Zack said. 

"Like I said, I have to leave," Jack said. "I don't have a choice. I don't have any money."

"Hey, didn't you work at that mechanic store?" Cody asked.

"Yeah, I did," Jack shrugged. "But I'm saving most of the money from there in my savings."

"Do you have access to it?" Bailey asked.

"I do, but I don't want to touch it," Jack said. "I'm saving it for college."

"And are you going into business?" Marcus asked.

"I don't know," Jack shrugged. "I'm probably gonna tell my parents that I applied as a business major, but..."

"In reality, you applied as an English and film major," Evan finished.

"Uh - huh," Jack shrugged. 

Jack's phone began to ring.

He picked it up.

"Hold on," Jack said.

He answered the call and held it up to his ear.

"Hello?" he said.

"Hey, Jack," Harrison Taylor said.

"Hey," Jack said.

"Are you okay, Jack?" Harrison asked. "I just talked to your parents."

"Oh, they told you what happened?"

"Yeah," Harrison said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess," Jack said. 

"You know, if you ever need a place to stay, you can always come over to our place," Harrison said.

"Thanks, Harrison," Jack said.

A sense of relief washed over him. At least there's someone - a family - who actually wants him and cares about him.

"Hey, um," Jack got up and walked away from his friends.

Jack sensed his friends eyes on him as he walked away from them.

He didn't want them to know what his parents told him. Evan was the only one who knows."

"Did my parents tell you what they'd do if I don't take care over the business?" Jack wondered.

"No, what?"

"Uhh," he hesitated, "they said they'd kick me out."

"They said what?" 

Jack heard the anger in Harrison's voice. 

"They said that?" Harrison said.

"Yeah," Jack admitted. "They did."

"I'll talk to them," Harrison said. "And if they do anything, come over right away."

"Okay," Jack said. "Okay. Um, did you say anything to Matt and Rose?"

"No," Harrison said. "I haven't. Do you want me to tell them, or...?"

"I don't know yet," Jack said. "I don't know if I want them to know yet."

"Okay. I won't say anything to them."