'Damn his smile.' You would think, becoming weak at the knees when his lips curled and his dimples showed.

You wanted to tell him how you felt. You really did. But something always held you back.

>>>

'No!' You decided. 'Not tonight!'

You got out of bed, throwing off the covers and turning your TV off.

'I can't live like this anymore. I can't keep this up and not tell him how I feel!'

You swung your bedroom door open, only to find that there was a tall silhouette stood there.

"Holy shit!" The figure jumped in surprise. You recognized their voice immediately.

'Aryia?'

No way.

'I'm just dreaming right now, right?' You thought. 'Yeah, I'm obviously just dreaming. Watch Y/N, you'll wake up now and your TV will be playing to itself from when you fell asleep.'

You breathed, opening your eyes as you thought you would wake up from this dumb dream already. Only to find that you were still stood there facing him.

You blinked.

It didn't work?

You tried again and again to wake up, only to find that you were still standing in your room, facing your roommate who was still stood in your doorway.

"I'm sorry!" He blurted out. "I know it sounds weird but I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd come and see you to ask if you wanted anything or just to hang out or something. I know you have trouble sleeping sometimes." He apologized, though the look on his face in the pale moonlight made it seem like he regretted the words that he had somewhat accidentally blurted out.

"Shit. Sorry, that sounded weird, I just-" His trail of thought was broken off as you stood behind your door, granting him entry to your bedroom.

"No, it's alright... come in." You gestured.

He now seemed almost glad about what he had said, thanking you as he entered your room, leaving your door ajar as you followed him into your room.

"Wow." He whispered, looking at every corner of your bedroom, admiring your posters and decorations.

You blushed. "I um..."

He looked back at you. "Sorry." He apologized again.

"What're you sorry about?"

He just looked at you, as if he didn't know what to say.

'Fuck!' You thought. 'Why can't I just tell him how I feel?'

"I should... probably go back to bed and let you sleep." He turned in the direction of the door to return to his room.

"Please don't!" You called back after him.

He froze in place, about to open your door before he turned to you. "Huh?"

"I... Sorry I..."

"Y/N are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Y-yeah, everything's fine. I just..."

"You can tell me what's wrong. I won't judge you... I promise."

The way he spoke these words made something inside you break.

'Fuck... that came out wrong! Why did I say that to him?!' You mentally face-palmed.

"Y/N?" He waved a hand in front of your face. "You kinda zoned out for a minute there."