We looked at him and then at each other. We smiled and nodded saying in unison. "We're in." Ed smiled and we grabbed our stuff. We specifically held different stuff, Ed had our clothes, Al had the Instruments, Winry had the books and I had the food and blankets, we stealthily left the hospital and went to grandma Pinako's house to tell her that we were leaving.

We hugged and cried with her saying that we'll miss each other and she told us that there was a car going to , that we would be safe there until we figured out where to hide next.

Roy's POV

I walked to Cassy's room and knocked on the door. "Cassy? It's Roy can I come in?" There was no response, I opened to door to find it empty, I checked the bathrooms and she wasn't there either. I started to panic, I went to go tell the others but the other kids were gone too. Armstrong and Hawkeye said the might be at Pinakos so we went there. During the car ride I was looking at the window worried out of my mind for the them especially Cassy. After awhile I saw four kids with backpacks running that looked like the four kids, but then I saw a girl with braids in her hair with ribbons in them. That was when I realized that it was them. "Stop the car!" I demanded and Armstrong stopped the car. "Roy what's wrong?!" "I saw them, let's go." We got of the car and went after them.

Cassidy's POV

We were running to the truck that was going to rush valley so we wouldn't miss it while it was raining. As we were running we heard voices. "COME BACK HERE!!!" We turned our heads and saw the four people that betrayed our trust. We ran faster and took an alleyway to get away from them, we saw the truck and the others got in. It was full of hay so it was easy to hide but we needed to lose them.

I took off my bag and put it in the truck. Ed looked at me and asked. "What are you doing Cassidy?" I looked at him and said. "I think it'll take awhile for this truck to leave so I'll lead them away and I'll meet you at the exit of Resembool." Ed shook his head and grabbed my hand. "No! You'll be captured Cassidy, we'll just stay hidden and be quiet." I shook my head. "Ed their smart, they'll check everywhere. If they see me they'll think we ran separate ways."

Ed looked at me with fear in his eyes and shook his head while whispering. "No,no,no." I put my hand on his cheek and leaned his forehead on my forehead like mom did whenever we were scared. "Shh, I'll be fine. I promise, I'll be back before you know it." A tear went down his face and nodded, kissed his forehead and hummed the little tune mom sang to us when we got scared.

I let go of his cheek and walked away from him as he hid. Then I ran the other direction in hopes to get them away from my family.

Narrator's POV

True to Cassidy Elric's word she lead the military away from her family. As the military left the truck started and left to the exit.

Cassidy got to the Forrest and lead them astray to another part of the woods while running the other way. The others left but Roy stayed behind and looked at the way that Cassidy went and ran that way.

Cassidy made it to the cliff and waited for the truck. Roy made it halfway to the cliff and saw Cassidy there. "CASSY WAIT!" The girl jumped at the sound of her friend and looked behind her and saw Roy Mustang drenched in rain. A smile appeared on his face and he sighed in relief that she was okay. "I finally found you, you scared me. I thought the killers took you and your family again, come on let's get you back and cleaned up so you can go home." He reached out his hand and Cassidy went almost grabbed it because she thought it was genuine but realized that he could be faking it.

"Stay away!" She yelled out with angry in her eyes. Roy's eyes widened in shock as he slowly walked up to her asking. "Cassy whats wrong?" "Don't come any closer or I'll jump!" Roy immediately stopped so she wouldn't jump. "Cassy what's wrong? Is everything okay?" "No! Everything is not okay, you lying jerk!"

Roy was taken back by that retort and asked. "What are you talking about?" "What am I talking about?! You said you'd keep my family together and I thought you cared!" "I do care Cassy." "No you don't, you tricked me and lied. You lied to me, Roy. I hate you!" Roy felt the world stop and his heart break to what she said. He tears rise in his eyes threatening to fall, he tries to hold them back but fails that at that. He had a feeling that Cassidy didn't noticed but she did and felt horrible for what she said.

She was about to say something when she heard the truck coming towards them. She turned around and took a deep breath. Roy saw this and said walking up to her. "Cassy." Then she jumped off the ledge and Roy's eyes widened. "CASSY!!" He reached out to her and grabbed one of her ribbons out of her hair as she fell into the truck. She looked up at Roy with tears down her face, she didn't think he saw but he did and he knew that she didn't mean it.

"CASSIDY!" She heard her twin brothers from back of the truck as he hugged tight. "You came back sis." She hugged back and said. "I told you I would." The others came for a hug and when the separated Winry noticed that she was missing a ribbon. "Hey Cas, your ribbon is missing." She grabbed the one that was missing and looked at it. She realized that it was gone.

She took out the other one and put her hair in a ponytail. "I guess I lost it while losing them, at least I have one, right?" They nodded and sat in comfortably silence as we waited to get off at rush valley to start our new lives in the run.

Back at the cliff, Roy was looking at the sky with the ribbon in his hand. Maes stood next to him and said. "We found out that the kids were staying in a truck leaving for the next town but we don't know which one yet but we'll find them Roy, I promise." He looked at him and saw that there were tears on his face. "The way she looked at me, angry, betrayal, fear and sadness. Something happened Maes to make them think that we betrayed them but how will we help them see that we didn't and was really trying to help?"

Maes looked at his friend and Roy said. "She said she hated me." Maes was shocked by this then looked at the sky while saying. "I don't know, but all we have to do is try and help them understand that we care about them to much to let them go and I know Cassidy didn't mean any of those thing." They faced each other and Maes smiled at Roy with his eyes closed. Roy looked at him and more tears appeared in his eyes, he launched himself to his friend cried. Maes hugged him back and comforted his crying friend that was sad about someone that he cared for said they hated him.

After awhile Roy calmed down and wiped his eyes when they separated. Roy smiled at him and they walked back to base, as they were walking Roy put the ribbon in his pocket For safe keeping. 'I promise Cassy, I'll help you understand that I did not lie and that I did keep my promise to keep your family together, and I'll return your ribbon to you when I tell you that I did keep my promise.' He thought to himself as he walked away with that ambition.

~🦾🦿~🤖🦾🦿~🔥🧤~🔧🛠~🔫🦅~💪✨~👓🔪~