30 | Being a Shinobi is only cool when you can actually become one

Start from the beginning

"You've grown." Was the only thing that he said, and he did so with a smile on his face. Shizuku seemed to get what he was saying and just smiled back.

Katsura missed that smile.

After Kagura and Gintoki ate through their food – and eventually Shinpachi doing the same, as well – Katsura finally told them his favor.

"I should've been more careful. Elizabeth was always with me." he started, his voice low. "So I should've known that she would attract the attention of the authorities."

"So, who did it?" Gintoki asked.

"Toyama Chintarou, the evil magistrate." Katsura answered and almost immediately, Shizuku's expression soured.

"I know him. Nori-san met him before." she said, her brows frowning. Now, that expression was something Katsura didn't miss because he never liked it when Shizuku gave a sour look.

Of course, the sight of Shizuku crying would make Katsura punch whoever made her cry.

He may or may have not punched – if it was still considered punching when you do with a katana – Gintoki a few times when he found out that he made Shizuku cry.

"He fully accepts bribes to satisfy his own desires." Shizuku continued. "Getting through to him is going to be tough. The Shinsengumi would have a field day if they got full evidence against him." She looked up at the older male beside her.

"But since you are a patriot, we can't just ask them to help you." She said with a slightly apologetic tone. "Even Nori-san wouldn't be able to help. He would get in trouble."

Katsura nodded before he looked at the Yorozuya in front of him. "That's precisely why I need to do something. Elizabeth's head will definitely roll if I don't. I beg you, Gintoki, help me rescue Elizabeth."

Gintoki and Shizuku shared look for a moment before they stood up, prompting the others to follow after them. A little confused, Katsura followed behind the two of them. They walked of the restaurant and didn't speak, but Katsura knew that they knew he and the others were following after them.

Katsura subtly smiled from the very back.

He was used to seeing the backs of both Gintoki and Shizuku as they walked together.

He was happy to see it again after all this time.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." Gintoki grumbled to himself as he walked beside Shizuku. Hearing what the older male had said, the younger chuckled.

"I'll ask, if you want." She offered.

"Yeah, sure." Gintoki nodded. At the same time, they stopped in front of a very well-known café in the middle of town.

"I think I know where this is going." Behind the two, Shinpachi muttered to himself as he looked at the sign of the building.

"Kunoichi Café."

"Come on." Shizuku pulled Katsura in and they were greeted by waitresses wearing red shinobi outfits. They were offered a seat and they ordered some snacks and treats to wait for the person that they came there for.

Only five minutes in waiting and Shizuku felt a familiar presence near them, making her kneel up at her spot to look back behind her. It was a warm presence, something that she has grown accustomed to feeling in the past years.

When she turned in her seat, she saw a very familiar shade of lavender surround someone with lavender hair.

"Aya-nee!" she called, gaining the attention of a very familiar purple haired girl with dark eyes hidden behind red rimmed glasses.