XXXVII. Obligation

Start from the beginning

The tension only grew thicker after Rosario says she doesn't want to be with Dylan.

As the future luna, Lana stepped in and tried to mend things between them. Somehow, not surprisingly, she made things worse.

Rosario escaped from Blood Moon to Fluorescent territory.

Because of the already present tension between Jenny and Cole, Jenny decided to protect Rosario until it was time to go back to Bluecester.

I'm pretty sure there is more behind the scenes, but Marcelo won't tell me everything. Just enough where he could breathe a little better.

I ran my fingers through Marcelo's hair. His body froze. "Everything will be okay," I say.

He chuckles, "I know."

I lean down and kiss him.

"What was that for?" He asks.

"To relax you. Did it work?"

"A little bit." He places a hand on my head and lowers my head.

I like it.

Kissing Marcelo.

A knock caught my attention, and when I opened my eyes, the sun hit me. I must have fallen asleep after I comforted Marcelo. I push Marcelo away, and he rolls to the other side. I grabbed my pajamas and underwear then slipped them on.

"Julia!" That's definitely mom.

"Crawling! Crawling towards the door right now!" I push up the stairs and wrap the string away before I open the door.

"Is the house on fire?" I ask.

"Why aren't you dressed yet? We're going to the aquarium today, remember?"

"No. I clearly did not remember. Please, mother, wait for me to get dressed."

"Kailyn is already downstairs making and eating breakfast." Mom shook her head and went downstairs

"Save me some eggs!" I closed the door and grabbed some new clothes. After I got ready, I made my way downstairs.

Marcelo is a smart guy. He doesn't need me to tell him what to do.

At the aquarium, I was still half asleep. Kai was in the middle of mom and dad while I stood in the back, looking as if I left the basement after I did some pot.

A smile creeps across my face when Kai pushes his face against the glass to see the colorful fish. He laughs when one of them blows bubbles at him.

"Julia! Julia! Look!" Kai had a jellyfish on his head. He grabs the tentacles and wiggles them.

"Do you like it?" Dad asks.

Kai grabs the jellyfish hat and puts it away, "It's fun to try it."

When we left one of the many souvenir stores, I caught dad purchasing the jellyfish hat.

We walk into the jellyfish section, and dad puts it on Kai's head. Kai stares at him for a moment before he looks down. "Do you not like it?" Dad whispers.

Kai bit his lower lips and pulled the tentacles down to cover his face. He hugs dad's legs.

"Come on," mom says. "Let's go."

I sip on the smoothie and follow the arrows.

Inside the jellyfish room, everything was dark except the tubes. It created this atmosphere as if you're in another world.

It's random, but at that moment, I wonder if there are creatures who live in space. And if they glow.

That would be cool to see.