Chapter One

July 11, 1969

Stepping off of an airplane has never felt so good. You were finally back in England and very excited about it too. You had told your best friend Brian you would come over to watch his band play a gig, then hang out with them over at his house. You had met Tim before, but they had gotten a new drummer since you were here last. His name is Roger Taylor, little did you know, he was a major player and would, in more than one way, change your life. 

        Not only were you in England to see Brian, but your band, Sunset Curve, was playing a few shows around the area. Of course that meant bringing your crackhead band mates along with you. They obviously wouldn't join you with Brian, but they would stay around the area. 

       "Okay guys, I have to meet up with Brian in like 20 minutes, so I better get going. Please, I beg of you, please, don't do anything too stupid? Order a pizza, gather at one of the hotel rooms and binge a show. Do whatever you want as long as you don't get us in trouble", you sighed while saying this. As much as you loved Luke, Alex and Reggie, they were so childish that you had to be a parent to them, and that was something you hated.

"Yeah, no worries we planned on doing that. You go have fun and catch up with your posh British friends. Okay? We'll be fine, trust me", Although Luke said this with a smile on his face, you knew that's not what he had really planned. You didn't have time to keep parenting your band mates though, you had to get a taxi and hurry over to the club Brian was playing at.

"Sure whatever, I've got to go. Bye guys!" You quickly hugged all three of them and called for a taxi. 

As soon as you got into the car it only took 10 minutes to get there, leaving you with ten minutes before the band started playing. You decided to just take a place in the crowd of people instead of trying to look for the band. Luckily you didn't have to wait long for Smile to start preforming. My gosh, you thought, they really did good finding a drummer, he's very talented. 

After a solid 35 minutes of preforming, Smile finally finished their set. Even though they did a phenomenal job, all you wanted to do was see the band and talk to them. You started walking in the direction of the band and you noticed someone running at you. You hoped to the ends of the earth that it was Brian and not some pervert. Thank the heavens it was Brian! He engulfed you into a tight hug and you felt safe and at home. You two didn't date, but you were basically siblings.

"Oh my gosh! You've changed so much y/n! How've you been!" Brian had the biggest smile on his face and so did you. His joy almost forced a small laugh from you. 

"Hey Brian! I've been great! I missed you so much! You did really great tonight by the way", you had so much excitement that you wish you could contain, but it was just spilling out of you. It had been a whole year since you had seen your best friend.

"Gee thanks y/n! Means a lot! Oh hey Tim! y/n's over here!" Brian called out to his bass playing friend. Tim Staffell was another good friend of yours. The last time you where in England the two of you had a small fling. Nothing too serious, but there were some feelings. That only lasted 3 months until you realized the both of you were better as friends. Both of you were still on very good terms.

"Hey! Long time no see!" You always admired how much passion Tim had when he spoke to other people. 

"Hi Tim it's really good to see you", a small smile formed on your face. It wasn't because of romantic feelings, but because Tim was always super nice, fun, and easy to talk to. 

Realizing you hadn't been introduced to the new drummer called Roger, you shifted your eyes over to him. He was standing awkwardly aside from where you, Brian and Tim were. You sort of felt bad for him. He had just gotten done with an awesome show, and his band mates ignore him. You decide to do something about it.