Chapter 3

Osman Bey was looking at Malhun in a way he has never looked at any other Hatun before, but I tried my best not to show the pain I was in. However, I swear to god she was faking half her pain, don't get me wrong being stabbed by a dagger is painful. Even more if you are stabbed in your groin and it stops you from having children. But I think she was over reacting, just slightly, to make my Bey carry on caring for her. She definitely crushes on my handsome, brave man. I told Osman'm that she was safe in my hands and he can go do his work, and he lifted his hand off her chest, Istaghfirallah, then as he left he turned back and looked at her. He never does this to anyone but his family or loved ones.

After Osman left, Malhun Hatun started to act annoying, on top of how annoying she already was. She acts so much more sweeter when my Osman is around. Then, when he is not, she is just so much more annoying. She kept trying to make herself look all strong by going, "Oh, it is just a scratch!", "Oh, I am so busy, I need to do this!", "Oh, I am a strong busy person unlike you, I need to do that!" Not too long after, Hazal Hatun walked in. Talk about more stress.

She walked in, with her arrogant walk with her nose in the air as she said, "Get well soon Malhun kizim!" Then she said something that put my heart in worse pain than Malhun's stab. That Hatun hasn't felt pain. Your loved one telling you he is going to have another wife is much worse. Anyways, Hazal said, "I heard you were wounded and osman carried you to the tribe in his own arms, it looks like he values you a lot!!" She said it as if Osman had moved past me and loved Malhun way more.

Obviously, Malhun liked the sound of that but, then again, she wanted to make herself look like the bigger person and said, "What else was he meant to do, leave his alps to carry me?" Honestly, I was shocked. Our Alps, they are what every Hatun wants. The way I see each and every young woman look at Goktug...he is a little brother to me and I want to be able to find him love. Malhun Hatun was acting as if only she is worthy of Osman, and only my Bey is worthy of her.

Malhun had recovered later that day, I kind of wished she would stay resting so I can have peace. In the evening, Osman left me to go talk with Umur Bey and Malhun for dinner, I was a little sad at why he didn't let me come along, but I guess that was fine. I just finished doing my work then changed and lay down. Trust me, I was not intending to sleep, I just wanted to lie down and rest. However, my sadness of the overwhelming day had gotten to me, and soon my eyelids were heavy. I wasn't sleeping to deep so I woke up when I felt Osman and heard him call my name.

Osman took me into his arms and it warmed me up. I felt a running joy through my body but I was to tired to show it. I told him I hadn't meant to fall asleep and surprisingly he just smiled and spoke a few nice words, but then he said something that caught my attention and warmed my heart. He said just because I sulk and complain doesn't mean he's mad at me, then he went back to his speech. The speech I have heard a thousand times, but I didn't want to stop him. Hearing words from his mouth were soothing, and who knows how long it will be before he shows this much love to me again.

Eventually I got bored, and I fell asleep. However, it was not a deep sleep so I could still hear everything around me and consume it. He carried on talking for a bit and trust me when I woke up and remembered it all it made me chuckle a bit. Anyways he talked a bit then realized I fell asleep and he said something he has never said in ages, "Oh rose, you're safe in my hands. You can sleep without anyone touching you, your Osman is guarding you." The words felt so good it made me rethink the idea he loved Malhun Hatun.

The next day we found out Malhun left the tribe and disobeyed my Bey's orders. Why can't that Hatun just obey? She really needs to be taught a thing or two, and if I'm honest with you maybe even a hundred. I was in my tent with Osman Bey, and he was pacing the room. It worried me slightly, and I asked him what happened. He said he was angry. I asked him, "Is it because Malhun Hatun is captured?!?!" I instantly regretted it, and bit my tongue to hold myself back. He looked at me angrier than ever, and it was like what he said yesterday just disappeared.

He asked me a few questions and I hesitated a lot. Then, he put his hands on my arms and said that I was not like the people who stop him, as I have always supported him. It made me feel slightly better.

Osman Bey'm soon returned to the tribe empty handed, and if I'm honest with you I don't mind Malhun being gone for a while. However, Osman came back with bad news. Zulfikar Dervish, whom I have grown up with, became a shehit oldu. He was one of my Baba's students and was like an older brother to me. We couldn't mourn for too long, and soon after I was to go to Umer Bey's tent with Osman. When we entered, Umur Bey started to act suspiciously, then, out of nowhere, Malhun came out. She said "Welcome Osman Bey!" I really hate the way she looks and talks to my Bey. When will he learn that she is a monster in front of me? I was fuming that she didn't acknowledge me. SHE HAS TO START SHOWING SOME RESPECT, LIKE HATUN, I AM OSMAN BEY'S WIFE, I AM NOBLE AS WELL!! Allah aşkına, she really makes me go too far. Estaghfirallah. I was so annoyed that she went and stood next to my Bey. She could've stood next to Umer Bey, her own father and tribe leader, or me, as we are both Hatuns. But nooo, she had to go to my Bey. It's like the most randomist spot ever.

All Osman did was wish her well. Anyways, I couldn't hold myself, so I just asked how she was released to start conversation. Umur Bey started acting better than Osman, I bet you it's a running thing in their family. Osman'm wanted to just end that conversation so he said that Zulfikar Dervish had passed and Malhun Hatun wished OSMAN BEY condolences. Like, if it wasn't for me, Zulfikar wouldn't be close with my Osman. Malhun knows I was closer to the Dervish but she just HAD to talk to Osman and not me.

I could tell my Bey clearly didn't want to stay so he said we had stuff to do and we left. He took me and his alps with him out to the woods on our horses. I tied Alaca up then slowly walked to Osman Bey. He told me to tell him what my beautiful tongue could not get out, and that's when I knew it was safe to talk. I decided to say what my heart thinks for him, because I knew he would get mad if I talked bad about that stupid Hatun again. Estaghfirallah, not stupid. Sweet Hatun (sarcasm inteded). I noticed he kept looking over at Boran Alp and I asked what was on his mind. He told me very happy news. My Gonca was to finally get married.

We called over Boran and when Osman told him the news, it was hilarious. His reactions were priceless and he kept thanking us. He was so happy, but also a little embarrassed. He's cheeks were starting to turn red. Once the point was made, we left so we could prepare Gonca for her wedding. As I was helping her with sizes for her dress she said she wished Selcan Ana was there. I felt it was a bit awkward having everyone quiet and looking sad in the tent so I decided to add some humour. I said, "She may not come to yours, my dear Gonca, but maybe she will be at Aygul Baci's." That started to cheer everyone up, as we all know she has her heart for Cerkutay but tries not to show it. I could tell she was surprised. Her words stumbled out her mouth, and then Hazal Hatun started talking. I was a little annoyed, but I didn't want her to ruin the fun so I just laughed along.

We went to Sogut together and soon Osman arrived with the Alps. Everyone was inside the lodge and he took me to walk in together as a Bey and Bey's Hatun. We all greeted each other, then we recited Al-Fatiha for Zufikar. Osman then started the wedding and he said that Muhammed (pbuh) said to "get married and reproduce." Hearing this made me sad since I can't have children. Inshallah, I will heal and be able to give my dear Osman a beautiful heir, or at least a child. Soon, my Baba came in we greeted him. Everyone talked and laughed in groups. Bamsi Bey and Abdurrahman Ghazi were talking about some happy days when they were young. I heard them mention th egreat legend Turgut Alp. Goktug kept congratulating Boran and they laughed like best friends. Osman told me Boran was very close with Konur Alp and after he passed away, Boran got to know Goktug and found out that the brother wasn't too different. I saw Cerkutay walk up to Aygul but was too far away to hear what they talked about. Osman told me, Aygul, Gonca, Boran, and Gunduz Abi to go to the tribe. As we went to the tribe we were ambushed by Togay. That disbeliever shot my beautiful baci. Boran Alp caught her but Togay wasn't satisfied and drew his arrow to shoot Gonca again to make sure she died. Abdurahman Gazi saw this and got shot twice to protect Gonca and Boran. I felt very sad. Gonca, my beautiful Gonca was shot and in pain on her wedding day. On top of that, Abdurahman Gazi, who was like a father to me, was laying is Bamsi Bey's hands. He was dead.