Chapter 37 - Eclipse

I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear as I wrote down notes in my English book for my finals

I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear as I wrote down notes in my English book for my finals. "I honestly don't understand where poetry will benefit me in the future. Is it going to help me sort out my taxes?" I said as I turned the page in my book and Edward chuckled as he laid in the grass beside me.

"Only a few more weeks then you won't have to look at another poetry book again" said Edward as he walked his fingers up my thigh. I put my hand in front of his stopping it from moving as I inched it back. "You've broken the boundary" I said and he chuckled. "I'm still in the freezer?" said Edward and I shook my head. "Nope. You haven't made it to the freezer yet. Still in Antartica" I replied.

"What will it take for you to fully forgive me?" said Edward as he sat up. "Time" I replied and he nodded. "I don't hate you Edward and it's not going to be like this forever. You're gaining my trust back and that's not going to happen at the snap of a finger" I continued and Edward nodded as he gave me a small smile.

"I know. I just miss...holding you" said Edward and I sighed. "I miss you too but I'm a woman of my word" I replied as Edward shifted slightly closer. "Mmmm is that so? I can't even tempt you?" he questioned as he leaned his head closer to mine. I fought every urge in my body to kiss him and bit my bottom lip as I leaned closer, my lips hovering above his.

"Nope" I whispered before pulling away and gathering my stuff. "I gotta get home. My moms waiting for me" I said as I stood up and Edward nodded before he too stood up. He hunched over and I jumped onto his back before immediately sped off causing me to let out a squeal. We soon arrived to my house and I hopped off his back.

I turned to Edward and held out my fist. "Fist bump" I said and he chuckled before bumping his against mine. "I'll see you tomorrow" he said and I nodded before he disappeared. I walked into my house and saw my mom sitting at the sofa typing away on her computer. "Hmm you're five minutes early" she said as she looked up at me.

"Told you" I said as I sat down across from her and watched as she closed her laptop. "How was your study session with...Edward" said my mom as she folded her arms and sat back. "Fine. We didn't do anything if that's what you're hinting at" I replied as I picked at my nail. "I wasn't hinting at that at all. I'm just not his biggest fan at this moment" said my mom.

I huffed as I looked up at her. "Mom-"Why don't you hang out with your other friends while you work on things with Edward bebita? I just want what's best for you" said my mom and I scrunched my eyebrows. "What does that even mean?" I asked. "Serena, becoming a vampire is more then what you think it is. It's can be extremely lonely at times because you're always moving around. You've chosen after your graduation to become a vampire which is only a few weeks away. That's only a few weeks you have left to hang around your friends before it becomes dangerous" she said.

"I know this mom. But that's not exactly my priorities right now. My priorities are passing my finals and continuing to work on things with Edward" I replied. "I just make sure that you're not relying on someone else for your happiness. I did and look where that got me?" said my mom and my mind flashed back to Rick and how depressed she would become when he would leave her.

"It's not like that with Edward and I. I'm not like Bella. That's why I'm making him wait" I replied and she gave a nod. "Well I have to head off to work. Carlos will be back soon and your dinner is in the oven whenever you want it" said my mom as she stood up and walked over to me. She kissed my forehead before she walked out the front door closing it behind her.