Chapter 2: Obelisk

I woke up to a bell being rung signaling it was time for breakfast.
The sun peaked through my room, it must have been 5:30 am. Why was everyone up.

I walked down stairs in my giant black ac/dc t shirt, I would have gotten ready a little bit but my hair was still curly. I had slept through most of the day yesterday.

"Good morning." A woman said and she handed me a cup of coffee.

"Morning." I said in a super raspy voice, I clears my throat.

"Why are you all up?" I questioned sipping the black coffee before yanking it away from my face. My tongue burning.

"Louis and I have a meeting across town so we have to leave extra early." Millie said.

"And we figured you and your mum would want breakfast."

"Thank you, that's very kind." I said with a polite smile.

I chugged my coffee fast as I could before the burning sensation caught up to my mouth.

"So what are you and your mother doing today?"

"Cleopatra's needle. Egyptian magicians suggest that the sight is often used to transport the gods to the first nome." I said.

"Nome?" Louis asked. He made eye contact a lot with me and it was a bit awkward. I paused my speech for a second before continuing.

"Yes, the nomes are like coordonnants, so the first nine is Egypt and London is the ninth." I said.

"You and your mother are really into history Huh." Millie said as she stared intensely at how perfectly the butter was spread across her toast.

"Yeah, Egyptian history is mainly me, but my mother is an anthropologist so she likes it all." I said.

I sat down at the table and pulled out my phone.

"Ooh, follow me on Insta." Millie said.

"Okay, my insta is princesslennontoast."

"That's odd." Louis chuckled as he stood up and put a dish in the sink.

I nodded and sipped my coffee.

As I was following Millie back, Louis grabbed my my phone out of my hand and started going on it.
"Hey!" I said furrowing my brows and turning to face him.

He looked away from my phone and then handed it back to me.
I looked at the screen and it was open to @louispartridge_ . I glanced at him.
He smirked and raised his brows at me as if to say: "and what?" He looked cheeky.

Time jump.

Me and my mom walked around studying Cleopatra's needle. It was insane. So cool. Cleopatra's needle in London is one of three similarly named obelisks in West London.

 Cleopatra's needle in London is one of three similarly named obelisks in West London