Money has to roll pt. 2 🌿 Steve+Bucky mob AU

Start from the beginning

'Don't give me the same pet name as your hookups James.. it's very weird... and it's not daddy's money... it's my own... you think I sit on my ass all day? I have a job assigned to me as well...'

'Oh really? Because all I can think of is how much of a trustfond baby you are...'

'Fuck off James...' you playfully shove him.

Steve can't help but smile a little at the fact that you're so outspoken to Bucky and that you both seems to enjoy bickering. It reminds him of Sam.

'Well well well, if it isn't Y/n Y/l/n...' you hear behind you. You swiftly turn around and get met with none other than Loki Odinson. 'James...' he nods towards your brother.

'Loki! What are you doing here? I thought you were outta town!' You chuckle as you throw your arms around him.

'I was, I came home last night... wouldn't want to miss the party for the world...'

'It's gone be quite the experience.. I'm gonna ask Natasha to marry me...' you're shining with joy at this point.

'Sam...' Steve calls him over to him to discuss safety measures. Which leaves you two talking.

'I don't trust this guy..' Steve lowly whispers to him.

'Me neither... but he seems friendly for now...we should keep an eye on him tonight...' Sam replies.

'You definitely should... this guy has been ogling my sister for years...he said he's over her but...' James cuts into the conversation.

Steve has to refrain himself from rolling his eyes. Of course Bucky would butt in, it's all he does.

'So who is he?' Steve asks through gritted teeth.

'Loki Odinson, Son of Odin... Thor is his brother. Both heads of the mob, very powerful, also dangerous, they've never done anything to us though..' Bucky replies glaring at the dark haired man laughing at your jokes.

'I have to get going Loki, but it's been great seeing you, we should catch up sometime!' You wrap your arms around him.

'We should, how about next week?' He suggests.

'Should work, yeah..'

'Like I said... we should keep our eyes on him...' Sam mutters.

•••

'Honey I'm home!' You sing song while Sam snorts behind you as you walk into the huge mansion you call home.

'Nat? Where are you?' You call out to her but again there's no reply.

'You uh, should wait here, I'll go check upstairs... she has this thing-'

'I really... really don't need to know.. you go.. I'll wait in the kitchen...' Sam nods.

'You made the right decision with that one...' Bucky mutters as he clasps a hand on Sams shoulder. 'Those two are somethin else...'

You wink at him before hurrying up the stairs with a little smirk plastered on your face. This is something she always does. She acts like she isn't home, she doesn't reply to her name being called, and when you look for in the bedroom, she's either laying there on the bed, or she is planning on scaring the ever living shit out of you.

'Nat you can come out if you're planning on scaring me...' you chuckle as you walk down the large hall.

'Nat I'm serious... I'm not in the mood to get scared-'

There's a loud crash in the bedroom. You frown at the sound, she's always careful. 'Babe?' You speak up.

'Babe you okay?' Worry fills you as your feet go up to the door faster. 'This isn't funny...' you comment when you reach the door, only to find it locked.

'Nat...' you bump against it a few times.

With a couple more shoulder hits, the door flies open. Your eyes scan over the room. It's a mess, there's broken things everywhere, and then the blood.

'No.. please no... Nat baby... talk to me...' you whimper. 'Come on... you can come out now...' you walk further into the room.

'Natasha...' You speak up again.

You take a few steps towards the bed, that's when you see her hand laying limp onto the floor. A scream tears from your throat, probably alerting everyone in the house.

She's dead, you already realised that. The amount of blood speaks for itself. There is no way she survived.

You sink to your knees while more screams tear from your throat. Tears fill your eyes as more stream down your face. You wrap her up in your arms, not caring that her blood is now staining your clothes and your skin.

You hear footsteps approach you but you don't react. The love of your life, the one woman that could stand you, love you for who you are, is laying limp in your arms.

'Y/n...' you hear James call out to you in the distance. His face comes into blurry view. 'You okay?'

It's weird, everything is moving in slow motion, the people talking, James trying to access the damage on you. Everything was fine seconds ago.

You continue to let the sobs wreck through your body. You can't hold it in. Nobody blames you for it as well. Everyone with eyes could see you were crazy about her, this breaks you, more than anybody ever could.

Two strong arms wrap around you, letting you cry into their embrace. You know it's Bucky, you can smell his cologne.

Steve's gaze softens at the two heirs of the mob. Something about the pain written across your features makes something twitch inside of him. Empathy fills him as he watches everything unfold.

Steve never saw this side of being in the mob, the losses, the grief. But it's all so clear on your face right now while James is trying to comfort you the best he can.

'Let's lay her back down again-'

'No... don't make me let her go.. please...' you sob, holding onto her body even tighter. 'I didn't even.. I didn't even get to ask...'

'I know doll... I know...' Bucky kisses your head gently while tears build in his own eyes. 'But we have to let out people do their jobs... we will find out who did this okay? And we will make them pay...you hear me?'

'I don't want to let go Jaime... please don't make me let go...'

'You don't have to get.. it's okay... you don't have to let go yet... but u need to get people to help us now... Sam will stay here...' Bucky says before you feel him unwrap himself from you.

'I'm here for you...' Sams voice is a gods sent at this moment, it's calming you down a little.

'I didn't... I didn't even get to ask her...' you son uncontrollably.

'I know...' Sam wraps an arm around you.

Bucky takes one last glance at you before dragging Steve with him to his office.

'I need you to find something out for me... how the hell did someone have access to our house? How the hell did someone have the opportunity to kill my sisters girl?'

Steve wants to bark something back at Bucky in the same tone Bucky is speaking to him now. He judges the situation now and decides against it though.

You mean a lot to him, he's upset and even though its barely visible, Steve has a trained eye for it, and can see he's shaken up by everything. There's something more behind it and its nibbling on Steve's curiosity.

'I also need your help...' now that grabs Steve's attention.

'With what... sir..?'

'I need you to help me find out who did this... and make them pay...'