Voices over Infinite Distance

Start from the beginning

"Communication Switch!" commanded Ginro.

"On!" said Suika who turned on the switch.

Rikona looked out the door to check the mobile phone before turning Chrome, giving him the cue to speak. He took a deep breath - completely oblivious to the people secretly cheering for him to say his "true feelings" to the recipient on the other line - and began, "Ruri! Can you see it, Ruri?! It's amazing, right?! Isn't science incredible?!"

"SERIOUSLY, THAT?!" yelled everyone, each facepalming themselves as disappointment and frustration loomed over.

"What's wrong with all of you?" he asked with surprise.

'I mean...' trailed off Rikona while staring at them with a deadpanned expression. 'You're asking someone who's like a second Mr. Scientist to talk about romance.'

While they scolded Chrome for not telling his "true" feelings to Ruri, which only made the brunette more puzzled than before, Senku's voice suddenly blared from the speaker, "Doc, can you hear me?"

That seemed get everyone's attention, as they were looking at the device with a look of wonder that they, too, could hear his voice from the other side. Rikona went in front and said, "Yeah, all clear. What is it?"

"Get everyone to my dad's grave now." he said urgently. "I'll explain later."

"Roger that." was her response, earning a quiet groan of annoyance that elicited a chuckle from her. She looked over to the rest and said, "Let's go. I'm sure it must be important."

Chrome, Kohaku, Suika and Rikona left the observatory, letting the others play with the mobile phone, and ran towards the graveyard; just in time for Senku and a few others trailing behind him to join them. Following his lead, they soon arrived at the peak of the graveyard where he picked up his father's gravestone.

"What are you doing, Senku?" demanded Kinro worriedly. "You might get cursed!"

But when he didn't response and continued staring at the stone in his hand, Chrome asked, "What's the matter? Is there something in the gravestone?"

Letting out his signature chuckle, Senku said, "I should have noticed it before. That old man was so clever. The gravestone of the founders? If I think about it carefully, it's ten billion percent ridiculous. This isn't a gravestone at all. It's a time capsule that has been kept solid in concrete." The primitive people let out sounds of surprise at the fact that the gravestone turned out to be this foreign thing.

"Time... capsule?" repeated Kohaku.

"Is there something inside?" asked Chrome.

"Yeah, we'll know after breaking it." replied the green-haired man.

But that was enough for Magma to take the initiative to raise the mallet up high and asked, "Do you want to break it?" Everyone around him stared at him with eyes wide and jaws dropped.

"Wait, you boor!" shouted Senku quickly before the blond man could even land a blow onto the time capsule. Thankfully, Magma halted in his tracks and glanced at him with surprise. "I'm guessing that there is glass inside. We're going to need someone with both power and speed to crack it swiftly."

At that moment, Rikona approached Kohaku with a hammer and a pick. "Here you go." she said, to which the latter gingerly accepted the tools as she watched the doctor gently place the time capsule onto a folded thick piece of animal hide. "It's all yours."

Kohaku stood before the time capsule with arms crossed like she's preparing for battle. Taking in a deep breath, she started to rapidly break up the rock. "SHE'S FAST!" shouted the flabbergasted people watching from the side.