XXXVI. Safe and Sound

Start from the beginning

"You said you were going to talk to your friend. What did he say?" Rosalina asks.

"He won't help. His pack had been neutral for generations. He doesn't want to break that."

"Coward prick."

I have a feeling Jenny and Rosalina are planning something. Something Mrs.Rodriguez isn't aware of.

"Those two out there," Jenny says. "Can they be trusted?"

"Of course not," Rosalina responds.

Well, that hurts.

"They're the type of people who would do things in their own self-interest."

Rosalina isn't wrong.

Jenny chuckles, "Sounds like your kind of people."

"Please. They're easy to read. To manipulate."

As long as she keeps writing us checks, she can think whatever she wants.

When I looked at Brenda, she had a flat smile on her face. She noticed my looks and gave me a thumb up. Indirectly, she is telling me she's not taking anything Rosalina says to heart.

"Are you fine with this?" Jenny question. "What we're doing is going against Dylan. You don't feel it now, but if anything were to ever happen to him. It will hurt you."

I've read stories about it before.

Even if you never met your soulmate in your lifetime, you would feel this indescribable loss if something happens to your other half.

If you've met your soulmate and tangled with them, the pain only worsens.

It is worse when you're a werewolf since you have a stronger entanglement with the bond, but it doesn't mean humans don't feel it too.

One day you could be gardening, and then you suddenly cry out of the blue. Many think its stress, but there are a very few moments when it is believed that your other half is in unspeakable pain or they left.

"He can have tea with Satan for all I care."

I can see that Rosalina is one of those people who doesn't feel that way.

"You really hate him."

"Yeah. Got a problem with that?"

"Nope."

Then, it went quiet.

Brenda and I look at each other.

She shrugs.

I did the same thing.

She points at the door.

I nod.

We turn our heads and peek inside the classroom.

Maybe, we shouldn't.

When they finished, we went back to our usual stance.

Not too long after, the door opens, and Rosalina walks out. Jenny went the other way. I grab the piece of paper with the gum inside and shove it into my pocket before walking.

"I'm not in the mood to go to class," Rosalina says. "Let's go to the mall."

Brenda and I are still in a state of shock.

We nod.

I don't remember how the day went, but I know I somehow got home with many bags in my hands. Rosalina insulted how terrible our clothes are and brought us new ones. Then, she insulted our faces.

I was waiting for her to insist on purchasing us new ones.

Disappointingly she didn't.

After movie night with Kai, I got ready for bed. Ever since Kai got more comfortable around the house, he learned how to sleep on his own bed.