Chapter 10

The drive to the restaurant was long and quiet but Emily likes it. There's something about being with Anna that makes her feel safe and calm as if she is home. She smiled as she glanced at Anna who was feeling the wind with her hand stretched out.

"This feels great." Anna said looking at her. "What do you mean?" Emily asked even though she has an idea of what she's talking about. "This drive." Anna replied. There it is. Emily thought. "You really like traveling, huh?" "Yes. I like going to different places." Anna said as she looked out the window. "It makes me forget and remember things." She continued. Emily took a quick glance at her, confused by her words. Anna noticed this. "Don't mind what I just said."

Truth is, traveling makes her forget her problems. It calms her mind. And traveling also takes her back to her dreams. Just like what happened up in the mountain. And for the first time after that, the face of the woman appearing on her dreams becomes clear. She once again looked at Emily. "It must've been a coincidence or something." She thought. "It has to be."

The car stopped in front of a restaurant near the coast. "We're here." Emily said as she removed her seatbelt. Anna did the same and was fascinated by the restaurant as she went out of the car. It's not like those fancy restaurants that one can be found in the city. This one gives off a more laid back vibe and somehow makes you feel at home because of the ambiance.

"Hi! Welcome to Pat's Place." The restaurant staff greet them cheerfully. Emily talked with the staff while Anna looked around. Her eyes stopped at the stage located at the back side of the restaurant. "Do you sing?" Anna looked to her side and was surprised by the sudden closeness with Emily who was now also staring at the stage beside her. "I... Uhm..." She couldn't find her words to answer Emily's question. "Don't worry I won't ask you to sing for me." Emily said with a smile before she took her hand. "Let's go."

Their table was located near the window where they have a good view of the sea. Anna made a mental note to bring her father to the restaurant once he retires. It's the least she could do for him after taking care of her all by himself.

Her thoughts were cut when the waiter arrived with the menu. He handed them both a copy of the menu and Anna was fascinated by the food listed.

"Just feel free to order what you like." Emily said as she watched Anna looked at the menu in awe.

After few moments of contemplating on which food she should order, Anna finally decided to go with a clam chowder and seafood risotto. Emily, on the other hand, settled for spaghetti and mushroom soup. "Thank you." They said to their server when their food arrived. They ate quietly before Emily finally decided to break the silence and also to end the awkwardness between them. 

"So, do you travel often?" She asked. " No." Anna answered. "This is my first time to be out of the country and my first time travelling alone." She continued. "Wow. That's... That's so cool!" Anna smiled at Emily's reaction. "What about you?" She asked. "Well, I do travel a lot because of the competitions that the Bellas are participating. But this is my first time to travel alone for a vacation. Well, not really alone since I've got Amy to guide me here in Australia." Emily replied. "You must have traveled to different countries already. That's way too cool than someone like me who is a first time traveler." Anna said with a smile.

"You're praising me too much." Emily said as she sipped on her iced tea. "I don't think you will say that if you get to know me." She said quietly. "Why not?" Anna asked. Before Emily can reply, her phone suddenly rang.

"Excuse me, I have to take this call." She said before standing up.

"Hello?"

"Emily! Where are you?" Fat Amy said on the other line. "We're still eating here at Pat's Place." She replied.

"The party has already started. You can bring your friend with you when you come here."

"Okay. We're heading there after we finished our meal here." Emily said before she hung up.

----

"I'm okay, Dad. It's just a bruise." Anna said over the phone. She mentally cursed herself for telling John about what happened in the mountains because now her father is scolding her over the phone. Anna didn't even noticed that Emily has already came back to her seat. She gave her a faint smile.

"Yeah. Don't worry. I will call you when I get back to the hotel." Anna said before she hung up.

"Sorry. That's my dad." She said as she put down her phone on the table. "It's fine." Emily replied. "Amy called. Do you want to come with me to a party?

"A party?" Anna asked. "Yes. Amy is hosting it and she told me that you can come with me if you want."

"Sounds fun! Sure, I'll come with you."