Chapter 8: Strangers at an Airport

Hello everyone! Finally for the next chapter. I feel like I start every chapter exactly like this but I really do owe you all an apology for delaying this story. Things are settling personally and I hope I'll be able to post with more frequency. Thank you all for staying with this story and for your wonderful comments. I will be replying to all of them soon. It makes me so happy to see all your votes and comments - they keep me going with this story. So thank you!

This chapter is the turning point for our couple. I really do hope you like it! Drop a comment or a vote, so I know what you think! 

Defne

As the rays of the early morning sun streamed across her face, Defne opened her eyes as slowly as she could whilst relishing the warmth enveloping her body and the welcome weight, she found herself trapped under. With her arms and legs caught in a tight embrace, turning to just look at his face turned out to be a much harder task than she had anticipated. It was with some kicking around and twisting that she finally found her face level with his.

She sighed. His face at this time of the day was most boyish, calm, serene and so so handsome. His scent – something that was so unique to him enveloped her being as well causing for a warmth to spread across her body in a way which had nothing to do with the sun that was just rising that fine morning.

As she began tracing his features first with her fingers leaving behind feather like traces and then with her lips – over his eyebrows, his forehead, his high cheekbones, his jaw, the corner of his lips, she felt his grip over her tighten and a laugh rumble through his bare chest.

He was awake.

Gunaydin Askim, he whispered staring into her eyes in a way which made her feel like the luckiest woman alive. God! She never wanted to step out of his arms and not have that scent linger around her.

"Gunaydin" She sighed and burrowed herself deeper into his arms.

With the memory from four years ago resonating through her very being, Defne stood still, unflinching and not moving, caught in an embrace in the middle of an airport in a country far away from home. She didn't even have to look up into her savior's eyes or hear his voice for her to know who the person was. It was that scent again. The same scent that was so uniquely his and that feeling of being home which spread through her body which gave her mind all the confirmation it needed.

A part of her was convinced that this was a dream, a continuation of her memory of a morning they had once shared, but the reality of her situation was confirmed by the beating of her own heart, the feel of his heartbeat against her palm, and the same sense of warmth enveloping her which she only ever felt when he was around.

The rational part of her mind told her to push him away, to do as she would if he was just another person she had collided with, but the wishful part of her brain whispered just a few seconds more. She knew she had no right to be hugging him, no right to wish for a few more seconds and no right to cling to that feeling only he could provide her with but she never had been good with controlling herself around him – so what if she let herself live out the fantasy, she had dreamt of for these four long years.

She gave in and as she felt his rapidly beating heart against her palm, she smiled and turned her head to the side savoring the moment for as long as it would last.

She was home.

Omer

She smelled the same. She felt the same.

He kept his eyes closed for as long as he could, wanting to keep his arms wrapped around her for as long as he could. He was sure she hadn't yet realized it was him and it was the shock of her near fall that had her still clinging to him. He knew that the moment she did realize it was him, she would push him away, wanting nothing to do with him and so just for a few moments more, he chose to cling to the feeling that had alluded him for four long years.