V2: Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

At footsteps on the snow, Jack moved and within seconds, he had his handgun aimed at the Luna of the pack. When the alpha moved to attack, Kendra jumped in his way, snarling. "I know that you want to believe this is your wife, but she's not. Your wife died long ago—You buried her. Aden, please open your eyes. Deep down, you know that's not her."

Pain flickered in his large bright green eyes that glistened with tears.

"Aden," the Luna fought against Jack when he grabbed her by the hand, which gained her a blow to the back of the head with his handgun. She dropped to the ground, weeping. The alpha snapped and tried to aid her. Kendra grabbed his forearm so that she could attempt to stop him while all around them the pack shifted. They wasted no time launching themselves at her mates.

Concern for her mates distracted her enough for the alpha to strike her across the face with a force that sent her to the feet of snow that had fallen on the ground. When she focused on her power, the snow around her blew in many directions.

A gasp escaped her lips when something pierced her shoulder. When she grabbed the object, she stared at it with wide eyes. She had just been shot with a golden bullet with some sort of bright orange liquid flowing within.

She jumped to her feet to see Jack stumble just as he too was struck with presumably an identical bullet. Without hesitation, she raised her hands, but nothing happened. Eyes narrowed, she glanced around to find her mates fighting against the pack.

The Luna stood feet away smiling, as if she was relishing in the chaos.

"Stop!" No one listened.  She dropped on all floors and shifted into the her wolf and growled. Her mates froze, then the alpha did as well. After she shifted back, she said, "If she is who she says she is, then let us take her to our pack doctor to prove her identity. I vow that we will not harm her."

The alpha met her gaze. "Okay."

"What? I'm not going anywhere with them—Babe, they're lying." She rushed to the alpha's side. "The moment I'm taken from the territory, they're going to kill me." She cupped his face in her hands. "Please don't let them take me."

Kendra couldn't help but smile as she met her mates' gaze. "It would seem that we have our answer." After grabbing the dagger at her side, she let it lose in the air. The woman whirled in time to snatch it right of the air, a menacing smile on her lips. As expected, the alpha grabbed it right of her hold and shoved it deep in her chest. The woman stared wide-eyed at him. As she struggled against him, her physical appearance changed to a woman who was not the alpha's mate.

Deep down he had known the truth.

Aden stepped back from the woman, staring in utter disbelief. "Shape-shifter."

The woman laughed. "Thanks to you, both no longer have their gifts."

Her words made Kendra's heart drop to the ground. She had attempted to use her gift and it hadn't work. This couldn't have been planned by their enemy. They couldn't have known that Nicolas would send them to take care of this threat. Any team could have come instead of them.

"Who the hell sent you here?" Jack asked.

"Fuck you."

Jack had her by the neck within seconds. Kendra and Aaron moved to his side. Kendra placed her hand on his shoulder in an attempt to use her bond to him to calm him down. She jerked away at the turmoil she sensed within her mate, not having expecting such immense pain.