ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕠 // ℕ𝕖𝕨 ℍ𝕠𝕞𝕖

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"We are waiting because you never know who's watching us. You wouldn't want a wight to follow us would you," Enoch responded quite rudely. He acted as if I'm supposed to know all this stuff. Emma glared at him once more.

"Uh- yeah sorry," I responded, looking down, tears brimming my eyes, my brain confused. What was a wight? Why were they so dangerous? I felt small and embarrassed, like I was naked and open for everyone to see. I felt like no one cared.

"Hey it's okay. You didn't know," Millard says as he rests his hand on my shoulder, also glaring at Enoch. The tension between everyone was so thick you could almost see it.

"Let's just get back before Miss Peregrine has our heads for being late," Emma says, placing her gloved hands on my shoulders, steering me into the dark cave. She let go of me as we stepped foot into the cold atmosphere, rays of bright light shone in. How was that possible? Even if there were cracks in the cave, it was a cloudy and dark day. Everyone else passed me as I stood still, a constant ticking in my ears. I looked all around me, taking in the way the cave looked. When I turned back around the group, they were all standing like they did at the dock.

"Well, come on. There's still more cave we have to walk through," Millard said, hand outstretched reaching for mine. I hesitantly put my hand in his. He pulled me into the group. We continued on, until we reached a grassy field. It was sunny and warm. Quite different from how it was but 5 minutes ago. Once again confusion laced my features.

I looked over at Millard for an explanation. "We just entered the loop. It's 1943," Millard started explaining once he realized my confused state.

"September the 3rd, 1943," Emma chimed in and Bronywn finished with, "All day, everyday."

That's when realization hit me. I had changed time. I was now in the past. How the-

"Come one. We still need to get back," Millard said, pulling me out of my thoughts, and quite literally pulling me. I looked to my left, and saw a beautiful lake cover in lily pads, and a large house behind it. The sky was electric blue with the smallest white poofs for clouds. It was warm with a small breeze. I could get used to living here. As we walked across the perfect lawn, we passed by large bush art, a perfect garden, and a beautiful lush forest the back of the house faced.
____________________________________

As we stood in front of the door, I felt myself become uneasy. What if the rest of the children didn't like me? What if Miss Peregrine didn't like me? What if she was mad we took so long to get here?

When the door opened, there stood tall and pale women. Her clothes and hair were all black, but her hair had some streaks of blue. Her piercing blue eyes had incredible black makeup and her nails were done to perfection. She had a dark brown pipe hanging from her mouth that had a small amount of light gray smoke coming out the end. As she looked at us, she pulled the pipe out of her mouth, tons more of that same gray smoke released into the clear air.

"Right on time children. I hope all went well?" Her voice was light and motherly.

"Enoch was a bit rude, but otherwise yes. All went as planned,"Emma said, glaring at Enoch at first, but her tone changed along with a small smile half way through the sentence. Enoch just grunted in response. The woman looked up at Enoch and gave him a small glare before her gaze settled on me.

"Okay children, run along. Bronywn will you bring Sawyer's bags to her room for me please," Miss Peregrine dismisses them and Bronywn nods in agreement. After all the children had dispersed to their respective places in the household, Miss Peregrine finally introduced herself to me.

"Alma Lefay Peregrine, delighted to meet you Miss Bailey. I've heard so much about you from your grandmother. She was a lovely woman," Miss Peregrine spoke with a thick british accent as she held her hand out for me to shake, making some words blend together, "I'm sorry for your loss dear, Emily Bailey was a wonderful peculiar."