| Chapter 8 | Thank you |

Start from the beginning

The door slid open, and you looked over to see who opened it. Unfortunately it wasn't Eri as you hoped, even though she just said she was leaving. It was one of the nurses.

"Hello, Y/N. How are you feeling?"

You looked away, as the ground suddenly looked really appealing. "Okay.."

"Alright. We're going to take a walk around the hospital in a bit."

"Uhm.. o-okay." You replied. You didn't really want to leave your room, it was nice in there. But you didn't want to disappoint anybody either.

The nurse nodded, and bent down to your level. "May I see your legs, please?"

You nodded, and the nurse did her thing. Taking off the bandages on your legs, then replacing them with clean ones.

It doesn't matter if you knew what she was doing, you would flinch at any movement near your legs. It was an instinct, and you couldn't help it. Thankfully, the nurse was very understanding and patient with you.

This nurse was the only one you would let near you. Any other nurse coming to assist you with anything often resulted in you having panic attacks, crying and breaking down, or crawling under the bed and refusing to get out from under it.

"There.. I'll go get some slippers, and then you can come with walk me." She says, giving you a warm smile while she stops crouching. "Sound good?"

"S..Slip.." You echoed out loud, "Slippers?"

You knew what some shoes were, like sneakers or boots. But that's about it.

The nurse nodded, and walked out of the room to go get the.. slippers.

You thought she would take a little while, but she came back with the slippers pretty quick.

She plopped them on the floor, next to you. You gave her a questioning look and pointed at the slippers.

"...S-Slipper?"

It took her a moment to understand what you were trying to say, then she piped in. "Mhm. You put them on your feet."

"Oh.. Like a shoe."

You slowly shifted over to where she placed the slippers, and eyed them for minute. You hesitantly slipped one on.

"Woah... this feels weird."

You stared into space processing the soft fabric against your feet and the both of you sat in silence for a solid minute.

You put the other one on, and slowly stood up on two feet. You almost tripped as one of your legs fell asleep, but you caught your balance.

"Let me know when you're ready to get going, okay?"

You looked up at the nurse and nodded, then you walked in a small circle getting used to walking again. The nurse found it cute, you looked like a wobbling penguin.

"Okay I-I'm ready.."

She nodded, and opened the door. You walked very slow, but she understood how you were feeling so she helped you and walked the exact same pace as you.

Walking down the hall, your eyes widened at all of the things in the hospital. You heard conversations, footsteps, and doors opening and closing.

A patient got pushed down the hallway in a wheelchair hastily, and it made some wind, blowing your hair a bit.

You were shrinking down, not liking this sudden truckload of human life. Every single new noise made you flinch.

You didn't like this.