sixteen

"dad, did you really have to do that infront of everyone?"

"yeah, i don't care."

"that's the problem. you only think about yourself. i love you dad, but you need to learn that other people have feelings too," royce whisper-shouted, making johnny cringe for a second and changed his expression once he saw the hurt on his daughters face. he watched as she walked out of the room.

she called eli, waiting a few moments before someone picked up the phone.

"hello?", royce mumbled while looking up at the ceiling of her room.

"hey, royce", eli said in a strong voice, making royce raise a brow, usually he's mumbling.

"uh, hey. eli, how are you?"

"don't worry about it royce, i'm fine as a peach", eli said before hanging up. royce looked at her phone, taken aback. he never had a tone like that before.

royce changed into her gi, walked out of the bathroom of the dojo. and stood next to miguel. looking around for eli, he wasn't there. which made royce frown a little, but changed once she saw her dad staring at her. she looked down.

she felt a tap on her shoulder, looking up she saw her dad, motioning her to follow him. they walked into his office.

"are you okay?", johnny asked.

royce nodded, "yeah. i'm fine. just tired. didn't sleep".

johnny nodded slightly. they walked back out into the mats, royce stood next to miguel.

"hey miggy," royce said.

"hey rory, are you okay?" miguel asked. royce nodded and smiled. which he returned before giving her a side hug.

"three more absences, sensei", miguel informed johnny who was walking around.

"bunch of pussies", aisha announced before scoffing. royce tried to hold down her laugh, but it came out as a snort. making everybody look at her, while she pretended to be occupied, by counting the ceiling tiles.

"no, it's my fault," johnny shrugged. "since you joined cobra kai, i have been hard on you. i've called you names. i've humiliated you. some of you i've hit. and for that, i don't apologize. cobra kai is about strength. if you're not strong on the inside, you can't be strong on the outside." johnny said, still walking around.

royce followed his movements with her eyes, "and right now, you're all weak. and i know that because i was you." johnny gulped slightly, "used to be the weirdo kid," johnny pointed to a kid in a blue shirt and glasses. "not that weird. i hooked up with babes-"

royce cleared her throat, making johnny change the topic, "i mean, the point is, i wasn't always the badass sensei, the badass father i am today. just like a cobra, i had to shed my loser skin, to find my true power. and you guys will too."

the dojo bell jangles, making everyone turn to see. eli walked in with a blue, big mohawk. royce gasped slightly as she saw her eli, confident.

"eli, what happened?", miguel asked.

"i'm flipping the script," he said loud and clear, before looking at royce, who had a shocked expression, he smirked towards her. making her eyes widen and look away.

johnny took a closer look, "wait. are you the kid with the lip? nice cut, bro." johnny pointed at eli, "you see that? doesn't matter if you're a loser, or a nerd, or a freak. all the matters is that you become badass."

"hawk, fall in."

'hawk' smirked and took off his shoes, standing next to royce.

"fear does not exist in this dojo, does it?", johnny asked.

"no sensei!"

"pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?"

"no sensei!"

"defeat does not exist in this dojo, does it?"

"no sensei!"

johnny stood infront of the mirror, "class, are you ready to learn the way of the fist?"

"yes, sensei!" everybody said in sync.

jasmins corner

jasmins corner.
royce barely got dialogue but that's okay.
HAWK IS HERE BITCHES, but royce isn't ready for this...