051. bad dreams & siblings

Start from the beginning

"Kiss me, please." Regulus whispers and Maria smiles, sitting up and leaning down, grabbing his face gently in her hands, pressing her lips onto his softly.
Regulus sighs against her lips, tracing his fingers up and down her bare thighs, leaving trails of goosebumps as he does.

"Rebecca overheard you."

"What?"

"Rebecca, she heard you telling Alyssa about. . .Sirius so she told me in some diabolical plan to tear us apart more than we already were." Regulus says, rubbing his thumb up and down where he's clutching her thigh softly. "I just wanted you to know it wasn't Lyssa, even though when I did ask her she did that thing when she knows something but can't tell anyone, she just—"

"Stares at you and says she has to help Stan with homework." They say in unison before chuckling together.

"I didn't think it was her." Maria states and Regulus nods, grabbing the back of her neck softly and smiling as he pulls her down to kiss him again.

"What time is it?" Maria mumbles when she pulls away and Regulus sighs, looking at his bedside table at the clock.

"Ten past six." Regulus groans, lying back on the mattress and Maria sighs, kissing his neck quickly before standing up and shrugging on a pair of his grey sweatpants as he just stares at her, his arms behind his head. "Ria?"

"Yeah?" Maria says, looking up from where she was tightening the drawstring on the pants.

"I know I hurt you, and I'm sorry." Regulus says quietly and Maria sighs. "But—I want to make it up to you, really."

"How?"

"You'll see." Regulus smirks and Maria rolls her eyes in amusement, grabbing her clothes and hurrying out of the dormitory before any of the Slytherins woke up.

[][][]

"What the hell happened last night?" Alyssa asks quickly when Maria sits down at the breakfast table with her and Stanley who looks up from his bacon and scrambled eggs cluelessly. "I tried looking for you, but I thought you'd left."

"Oh no, she was fucking Regulus." Stan says nonchalantly and the two girls look at him incredulously as he spoons a large portion of eggs into his mouth before looking up at them. "What?"

"You what?"

"Uh, yeah." Maria says, swallowing some of her tea nervously when her eyes travel to the wide open, double doors of the Great Hall and spit Regulus Black, sauntering in proudly wearing a black 'Queen' t-shirt and some dark jeans with his mop of tousled hair the same as usual — a mess. He strolls over to the table and winks at Maria who raises an eyebrow questionably.

Then, he's leans down and cupped her cheek, bringing his lips onto hers making her eyes widen but she kisses him back after a few seconds.

"All right—yeah!" Stan says happily when the duo pull away. Some had stared, some had whispered, some had gotten on with their day as if they either knew what would eventually happen or just didn't even question the couple. "Can we all start hanging out together again—it's really exhausting going back and forth?"

"Shush Stan." Alyssa says, passing him some more bacon left over and he instantly shuts his mouth, taking it onto his own plate that looks like it could've been licked clean.

Regulus sits down next to Maria and opposite their other two friends, leaning his head on the side of hers and playing with her ring beneath the table.
The door next to the staff table opens and Minerva hurried over to the headmaster, exchanging hushed words before stepping down the few steps to where the four house tables are.