Ellen looked down her nose at Gwen as the driver put her bags into the car. "Alright. Well, you know the drill. Don't do anything to tarnish the family name."

"Yes, ma'am. Goodbye,"

Ellen pursed her lips. "Goodbye."

Gwen adjusted her skirt and walked out the door. She inclined her head toward her uncle that waited outside. "Goodbye, Uncle Robert."

He dipped his head and walked back inside his house without another word or action. Gwen smiled at the driver that had opened the car door and she slid into the car, not looking back. 

~~~

Gwen began to settle into her room at school. She had already unpacked one of her suitcases, but still had two to go. She turned on the small wooden radio that was placed on a nightstand and let the music drown everything out.

One day, she thought, I'm going to go to a big ball and have quite a time and be with a handsome man who fancies me.

She sighed. "Yeah, one day, Gwen. Precisely, never."

She unpacked her bag of toiletries, heading to the bathroom to put them away. She walked into the bathroom and the door slammed shut behind her. She jerked at it, wondering why it had done that. She grasped the handle and twisted it, only for it not to budge. She tried again; it still wouldn't open.

"What in the world . . ." 

The sound of wind blowing made her whirl around to the bathtub, wondering what was happening. "I must be dreaming," she said. It came stronger until the whole bathroom around her began to dwindle away.

Gwen cried out in fear over what was happening. She crouched down with her hands over her head to protect herself from the flying debris. But then it came to her. This was something like the Pevensies had told her about. How they had traveled to a magical land. Their tales reminded her of the bedtime stories Gwen's mother would tell her. Of course, she wanted to believe it was nonsense, but why would they lie to her? They were her closest friends and they never had before. Then, part of her wanted to believe it was true, she just hadn't admitted it yet.

Once Gwen opened her eyes again after the sharp wind had ceased, the bathroom shifted into a cave with a beautiful ocean in the distance. She gasped. Where was she?

"Gwen? Gwen Brookes?"

She turned at the voice, seeing the Pevensies.

"Peter! Lucy! Edmund! Susan! Is that you?"

"Yes!" She heard the familiar voice of Lucy. "It's us!"

Gwen went running onto the shore to meet them, embracing them all after not seeing them in so long and in relief, after the ordeal she had just gone through.

"How are you here?" Peter asked.

"I don't know. I was in the bathroom at my boarding school room and then it changed to here. It was terrifying! Where are we?"

"We don't know," Susan said. "But we're having quite a bit of fun splashing around."

"Even if we are in our school uniforms," Edmund laughed.

Gwen and the others laughed with him. She looked down at the uniform she wore. The colors were close to Susan and Lucy's, but slightly different, signifying that she belonged to a different school.

"It's hot out here, isn't it?"

Peter nodded. "That's why we took off our unneeded layers. You can take your jacket off and throw it over there with ours if you'd like,"