Ch 8: She Loved Someone Else.

It was Adrien. "It's fine Mari. Are you okay?? I heard volpina tried to drop you." Marinette laughs a bit. "It was an illusion. I was hiding in the back of the school." Adrien sighs in relief. "That's good that you're okay." Marinette slowly nods. Alya comes over and hugs Marinette from behind. "Thank god it was an illusion!" Marinette giggles a bit. Adrien blushes at her laugh. There was something about it that he liked. Marinette looks over and sees Luka kissing Chloe. Marinette's heart sank a bit and she became sad. She was so unsure about her feelings. She was in love with Adrien but why was she jealous of them? The two noticed Marinette's sad expression. "I-I think I'm gonna go home now. Bye!" Marinette quickly runs off.

"What was that about?" Nino asks as he comes out of the school. Alya sighs. "I'm guessing Luka. This girl is so unsure about her feelings I swear." Nino puts his arm around Alya. "Should we go to her house?" Alya looks up at her boyfriend shocked he actually has a good idea. "Obviously." The three friends start going towards Marinette's house.

Marinette was at her desk in Adrien's hoodie with sweat pants watching a movie on her computer. She was watching To All The Boys I Loved Before. It sort of reminded her love life. Her hair was in a messy bun and she had a blanket in her lap. The room was dark and the only light was coming from the moon and her computer screen. She hears a knock on her trapdoor. "Come in mom." Her best friends open the trapdoor and climb up the stairs. "Not your mom girl." Marinette pauses the movie and turns to her friends. "Oh hi. What are you guys doing here?" Marinette mainly made eye contact with Alya trying not to look at the others. "We wanted to see if you were okay." Adrien looks at her and  closes the trapdoor. "Oh i'm fine I'm just tired that's all." Alya and Nino look at each other and back at Marinette. She was smiling at them. Adrien goes to turn on the light and sees that Marinette is wearing his hoodie. He gives her a warm smile and they make eye contact. Marinette looks away and turns to her computer. "You guys wanna watch with me?"
Alya gets an idea. "Sorry girl my mom needs me home and Nino is having dinner with us." Marinette turns around to look at Alya. "Alya its 9 p.m"

"And?"

"Never mind. That's fine. Adrien do you wanna watch?" Alya and Nino go downstairs and close the trap door. "Sure!" Marinette turns off the computer on her desk and grabs her laptop. She starts climbing the stairs to her bed. "Mari where are you going?" The blonde boy raises an eye brow at the girl who is now sitting in her bed. "In my bed of course. You coming or not?" Adrien laughs. "Yeah." He first goes to turn the lights off and climbs to Marinette's bed. Marinette was under the covers with the computer on her lap. "Marinette are you sure youre okay?" Marinette sighs. "Why do you guys keep asking. I'm fine." Adrien frowns. "Mari please...I know you're not okay." Marinette fake laughs. It sounded very convincing. "Adrien can you cuddle with me?" Adrien blushes but also frowns that she changed the subject. He decided to respect her wishes counting on it didn't sound like she wanted to talk. "Sure.." Adrien goes under the overs. He was next to the wall and Marinette was next to the railing. Marinette puts her head on Adrien's chest while watching the movie causing both of them to blush. Adrien was still in his clothes from the dance so he was a bit uncomfortable. Only because of the clothes. He loved that Marinette was laying on him.

After the movie finished the two were sleeping in each other's arms. Marinette was in his hoodie and her head was on him. Adrien's right arm was around her and their heads were laying on each other. Sabine goes up to see if her daughter is sleeping. The small older later climbs her stairs and is shocked to what sees. Sabine quickly takes a picture of them and goes back downstairs.

~Morning~

It was 10 a.m in the morning. The blonde and the bluenette were still in bed cuddling. Little did they know that Nino, Alya and Chloe were coming by. Luka had invited them for lunch so the 3 were coming by to pick up Marinette. They didn't know Adrien was there and they were planning on calling him later. "Marinette! Get your butt up girl because we are going to Luka's!" Marinette slowly opens her eyes and sits up. "W-what?" Marinette is half asleep and she sees 3 of her friends in her room. Marinette turns to her side and is shocked to see Adrien there. Chloe decides to come on the bed to drag Marinette because she was taking a long time. Chloe was shocked as well to see the blonde idiot in Marinette's bed. "MARINETTE DUPAIN-CHENG WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?!" Adrien quickly wakes up to the view of Chloe screaming at Marinette. "What's happening? Where am I?" Marinette throws a pillow at Chloe. "Chill out Chloe it's not what you think. We were watching a movie and we fell asleep." Chloe smirks. "Mhmmm~"

~Adrien's POV~
I left Marinette's house after her family gave me breakfast. The others told me I needed to go back home and get ready because we were all going to Luka's houseboat. Once I get home I am greeted by Nathalie. "Adrien where were you?" Nathalie was pretty worried about me. I had nothing to hide so I decided to be honest with her. "Oh I was at Marinette's house. We were watching a movie and we fell asleep." I could tell that Nathalie was getting other ideas and she slowly nodded. "I'm going to go shower. I have to meet up with someone later." Nathalie smiles and nods which actually shocked me. The last time I saw her smile was when my mother was still alive. I was also shocked that she was okay with me going out again after coming home VERY late. What was up with everyone?

~No One's POV~
Marinette was walking to Luka's with her friends. She still didn't know why he invited them though. Even after her friends repeatedly told her because he wants to have lunch. Marinette didn't buy it. Once they arrive they are greeted by Luka. "Hey guys. I invited you guys to actually hang out." Marinette was shocked. She actually thought there was another thing going on. Marinette hasn't been here since her and Luka broke up and things with the two were still a bit awkward. The friends go to juleka's room to hang out with her. Luka was at the front sitting down waiting for Adrien. He wanted to talk to him. After awhile Adrien shows up. "Hey Luka." Luka gets up. "Hey. Can we talk?" Adrien was a bit confused but everyone is always confused at times like this. "Yeah sure what's up?" The two go and sit down. "So you see, I'm planning on asking Chloe to be my girlfriend." Adrien grins big. "Dude that's amazing! You should ask her to go to dinner with you tonight. After dinner take her on a walk or something like that." Luka laughs. "It's like you have all this stuff planned Adrien." Adrien smiles. "Hey so I have a question as well." Luka looks at him. "So why did you break up with Marinette. You don't love her anymore?" Luka chuckles. "I didn't break up with Marinette because I don't love her. I loved her and I always will. I knew she also loved me but she didn't seem committed to our relationship. She did seem committed to loving someone else tho." Luka makes it really obvious that it was Adrien. "Why are you looking at me like that Luka?" Luka looks away and smiles. "Is that boy me?" Before Luka could answer Marinette comes over. "Hey Luka so uh what are we gonna do?" Adrien stares at Marinette and Luka laughs a bit. "What so funny Luka?" Adrien looks away blushing hard and Luka pats Adrien's back. "I'll come over in a bit. I just wanted to hang out because I was bored with juleka and my mom away." Marinette awkwardly smiles and nods. "Alright...also what's wrong with Adrien?" Marinette folds her arms. "N-nothing. Uhm later can we talk Marinette?" Marinette's eyes widened. "Uh alright." Marinette sees Luka giggling. "What's up with you guitar boy." Marinette then realizes something. "Luka..." Marinette drags Luka by the arm to where Adrien can't hear them. "What did you tell him." She glares at the tall boy with black and turquoise hair. Luka laughs. "Nothing." Luka walks away leaving Marinette and Adrien together.