dancing queen. l.t

lance tucker
warnings: language, fluff

You awoke to the sound of music drifting through your small Los Angeles apartment, and you rolled over to tell Lance to turn off his one of 8 million alarms only to find that the bed was empty. You sat up slowly, a large yawn taking over your system momentarily as you tried to wake up enough to get out of bed.

You were completely naked from the previous night's endeavors, so you searched the floor until you found your underwear and Lance's discarded shirt. Good enough. As soon as you were acceptably dressed, you slowly pushed your bedroom door open, trying to find the source of the noise. As you padded down the hall and into the kitchen, you had to put your hand over your mouth to muffle the laughter that threatened to spill out at the sight before you.

Your boyfriend Lance was doing the dishes in nothing but sweatpants, and he was humming and dancing along to the music playing incredibly loudly from his phone from where it sat on the counter beside him. He was currently playing Dancing Queen by ABBA, and you knew how much he loved it. Even if you didn't already know, it was very evident in the way he was animatedly head-banging as he sang along, reaching over to turn the music up even more as he worked. He went back to scrubbing his frying pan from dinner, still not noticing that you were standing in the room with him.

"Good morning, honey." You said after you had gotten a good video, setting your phone on the counter as you came up behind him to wrap your arms around his waist from behind. His skin was warm against yours, and you let your fingers brush the familiar hand of a certain gold medal tattoo. He jumped, immediately reaching over to turn his music down and turning off the sink.

"Christ, sweetheart. Warn me." He gasped, peeling you off of him before turning around to look down at you. "You've been asleep for almost 12 hours." His little comment was paired with a knowing smirk, and you shoved him, rolling your eyes.

"Yeah. You fucking wore me out." You muttered, giggling lightly as he slipped his arms back around you and pulled you against him. His eyes were playful, and you could feel him starting to sway you around as he picked up the tune of the song.

"Good. You look hot when you're wore out." He purred, pressing a good morning kiss to your lips. You kissed him back, sliding a hand up his bare chest and then over his shoulder. He was now humming to the song again, breaking your kiss to start pressing sweet kisses down your neck. You could smell the faint hint of his cologne that remained on his skin, Polo Black by Ralph Lauren filling your senses. You loved every part of him, especially the early morning version.

In general, Lance was a pretty cranky person, so getting to see him in his comfortable state with no cares in the world always made you fall in love with him all over again. Seeing him shirtless wasn't so terrible, either.

"You work from home, and you can't even make sure that breakfast is on the table?" You asked after Lance was starting to get more heated, mocking a condescending tone. He had been organizing training schedules the entire week, meaning he had been at home every second of the day. He liked to make that same joke when you were home, and now was your chance to turn it on him. He broke away from you in surprise, holding your hips as he cocked his eyebrows at you.

"Oh, that's how it is?" He asked, humor in his voice. You held a straight face, shaking your head as you sat down at the table.

"I don't ask very much of you. All I ask is that the house is clean, food is on the table, and your ass is up in the air when I walk into the room." You mocked Lance, seeing as he had said that last thing to you many times before. He shook his head in disbelief, then put his hands on his hips, mocking a dramatic pose.

"If you don't shut the hell up, I'm gonna put your ass up in the air." He mocked your response, which you used every time he told you what you had just told him. Even though he was refusing, you could see Lance getting out the pan to make eggs, getting out said eggs afterwards as he turned on the stove. You both fell into a fit of laughter, then Lance came to stand next to you, grabbing your hand and pulling you out of your seat.

You groaned as he danced you into the middle of the kitchen, pulling you into a ballroom dancing pose as he brushed around the kitchen, giving you kisses as he danced to the music playing. He would stop every once in a while to adjust the eggs or flip them, but other than that, he continued. Leaning over to turn the music up, he went back to swaying you by the waist, turning you around dramatically before dipping you low to the ground. The entire time he had one hand on your waist and the other on your ass. Typical Lance.

"You're something else, you know that?" You laughed, giving him a kiss as he twirled you around again. Your socks were sliding on the ground and he had to move to catch you as you slipped, the smile on his face making your heart melt.

"If by something else you mean sexy and a good boyfriend then yes, I do know that." Lance said obviously, breaking away from you to plate your eggs and pour you some water. "Come on, princess. Couch." You followed him into the living room, sitting down on the authentic leather couch as he set your food in front of you. He was about to walk away but you grabbed his shirt, stopping him.

"Come on. Eat with me." You coaxed, patting the spot next to you and beckoning him to sit. He rolled his eyes, pressing a kiss to the top of your head before collapsing on the couch next to you, pulling you against his chest.

"Can't even fucking eat by yourself." He muttered, no doubt watching you shovel the eggs into your mouth. If your boyfriend was anything, it was an amazing cook. You didn't even like eggs, but he made them so well that you found yourself asking for them again and again. Of course, you would never admit that to him, but he could always hope. You elbowed him in the side, setting down your plate once you were done and getting comfortable against his chest.

"And you never shut the fuck up, but I continue to love you." You teased, nestling your head in the crook of his neck. He wrapped an arm around you, leaning back so that he could get a look at you.

"Are you seriously going back to sleep? After all that time you just spent in bed?" He asked incredulously, rubbing your back comfortingly all the same. You nodded, tilting your head up to look at him.

"Yep. Keep your mouth shut and I'll let you give me a nice wake up." You patted his chest, smirking at the little hitch in his breath as your words rendered. With that, he eased his antics, and you fell into a comfortable sleep, listening to the sound of his heart beat.