Etiquette Class [chapter 15]

"If your backs aren't straight, you will start feeling aches by eight!" Nemuri critiqued, hitting Ochako with a stick on the small of her back, telling the brunette to straighten her posture.

You and all the other girls were currently balancing books on your head while walking across the room. Each time the books fell or Nemuri caught you slouching your shoulders slightly, you were sent back to the start.

You hadn't even attempted it yet, wanting to see how the other girls did it first. There was also a tall black haired girl standing beside you, seeming to only observing for the time being. She held her books in her hand and watched as the other girls tried and failed to make it across the classroom.

Not a single person had made it yet.

"I guess I could try. It wouldn't hurt anyone," you spoke to yourself with a nod of determination.

You walked up to the starting line, straightening your back out even more than it already was and placing the books atop your head. You took a breath in and let out a exhale, eyes closed as you prepared yourself to walk.

Putting on the mature face that your father had inscribed in your mind for when you walked extra formally, you started walking across the classroom. And none of the girls really paid attention to you until you made it past the furthest any of them had.

Your hands were placed delicately by your side, each foot going in front of the other with great elegance. You were in your own little world at the moment, completely ignoring the girls who were cheering you on. And you didn't come out of your bubble until you had reached the other side of the room where you were supposed to go.

You took the books off your head and turned around to face the others, looking for any sort of hints of approval in their faces. When you turned around, you were met with all of them smiling, a few complimenting you while clapping their hands.

"Great job!" Mina beamed.

You timidly smiled, scratching your arm with a small snicker, "Thank you."

"How did you do that?" Jiro asked, trying to straighten her back out like you did, making herself let out a grunt of pain.

"My dad beat it onto me," you whispered.

"What was that, kero?" Tsuyu asked.

"I said: my dad taught me from an early age," you lied. "It was something he considered mandatory, so I guess it's always been there?"

"Maybe I should give it a try..." the black haired girl, Momo, who once stood beside you declared, a rush of confidence going over her when she saw you flawlessly execute the assignment.

She straightened her back, not nearly as straight as yours, but enough to get a pass in Nemuri's books. She followed your example, slowly but steadily making her way across the classroom. Her tongue poked out of her mouth slightly and her eyebrows furrowed to show her focus.

Your smile widened the more progress Momo made, you not wanting to cheer her on until the end so you didn't break her focus in any way. Momo held her breath the whole time, letting out a sharp exhale once she reached where you were.

"That was nerve wracking, but the rush of adrenaline I was provided with made the experience a little less frightening," Momo chuckled, smiling at you with sparkling eyes as she was proud of herself.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" you asked, watching as she nodded her head with a delighted smile, "See that? I'm sure the rest of you will be able to do it too."

"You got this!" Momo cheered, both of you taking a seat on the other side as you watched the other girls try and get across the room.

"I'm Momo Yaoyorozu by the way. I never got to formally introduce myself," she held out a hand for you to shake. You smiled before shaking it.

"I'm sure you know, but y/n l/n," you replied. This earned a chuckle out of Momo.

"Yes, I am aware," Momo responded, "I am of one of the more wealthy noble families. It is a great pleasure to meet you, lady l/n."

"Oh, no need to use formalities like those with me," you politely waved her off.

"Oh, ok— then y/n," Momo corrected herself, a pleasant smile falling upon her face.

"It is just as great of a pleasure to meet you, Momo," you smiled back, both of you then returning your attention to the other girls who were still trying and failing getting across the room.

Meanwhile, with Shoto...

"Wrong fork, wrong fork!" Izuku shook his head rapidly, yelling 'NO' nonverbally as his eyes widened in panic.

"How did you even—" Shoto stared at him with astonishment at how wrong all the utensils were placed, his eyes going back and forwards between Izuku and the arrangement below him.

They were assigned to set up a table properly for a banquet that would take place at midnight (all of that was made up of course, it was just a hypothetical situation to go into further detail about the assignment). Everyone, and by that I mean all the boys, were split into groups of 3, and two of the groups had one extra person.

Izuku, Shoto, and Bakugo were all placed in one group together. And things were starting to get hectic.

They were only given ten minutes to set everything up, them already being a minute in.

"Ah, fuck," Izuku cursed as he stubbed his toe on the leg of the table, "Stupid piece of shit."

"Watch your fucking language!" Denki yelled from his table.

"You just fucking cursed, dunce face," Bakugo rolled his eyes, "And you damn nerd! You can't do anything right with your scrawny fucking ass!"

"You see this? You see this?" Izuku dropped the utensils he was holding and started flexing his muscles from different angles, "This is muscle. You're blind as a bat."

"Actually, bats aren't blind," Tokoyami monotoned, passing by their table with a different table cloth than he had originally grabbed when the timer for the assignment first started.

"I don't remember asking for your commentary," Izuku sassed in a high pitched voice, slowly turning his head with a sarcastic smile to look at Tokoyami.

"I'm just going to..." Todoroki mumbled, correcting how everything was placed, making sure to fold the napkins in a delicate manner like he was taught back in the palace.

"Wait— How did you do that?!" Izuku shrieked, staring at Shoto with amazement after seeing how well the table was rearranged in such a short amount of time.

Shoto simply shrugged, not looking up from his work as he adjusted everything a bit more, making sure things were as even as possible.

"Of course you let Todoroki do all the work! Now you're definitely going to pass this," Sero grumbled, "That's so unfair! You have a royal on your side!"

"Shut up you over sized dog treat," Izuku barked, snapping his head in Sero's direction.

"Nobody asked for your opinion, Hanta Sero," Bakugo sneered, glaring at the boy.

Sero stopped what he was doing, delicately folding his hands together and fluttering his eyelashes with a huge smile, one you could tell was fake. He brought his hands up to his chest, "Oh I just love being insulted!"

"Ew! Sero has a degradation kink!"

"Izuku no—"

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you?"

Nemuri is Midnight by the way