Chapter 10: Just the two of us.

Začít od začátku

After pulling out of that neighborhood and going to different neighborhoods for a good 3 hours by the time we had finished the sun was slowly going down and I was exhausted And starving

"I just wanna eat something then shut my eyes and sleep forever."

Jon laughed "so do I. But If you want I can drive?"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, and maybe we can eat something before I take you home."

I had pretty much fallen asleep in no more than 5 minutes. And a short time after I felt Jon put his jacket over me as a blanket as I shivered through the cold air that breezed the insides of my car.

Maybe It was good that Jon had forgotten about what happened. After all, I didn't want our friendship to be ruined when it was so amazing.

The car pulled a long stop waking me up from my deep sleep "rise and shine sleeping beauty" I pulled the jacket I had on me over my head "screw you."

"You know you snore when you sleep"

"I DO NOT-"

"yes, you do. But it's cute so I'll make an exception"

I rolled my eyes at him "you're so annoying"

"Oh, I know. But I mean hey. I stopped for food we don't need to eat I can drive you straight home"

I shot up from my seat "god please no!! I already know Anthony probably cooked like ramen and called that dinner and I don't feel like eating as if I were still in college" Jon bursted out into laughter resting his head on the steering wheel.

"Fine then let's go."

Jon handed me back my keys as we entered the small diner that we had come to. The moment that we sat at our given table my head dropped to the table my eyes shutting completely

Jon shook me lightly laughing "come on Andy. Don't die on me yet"

"Don't worry I won't"

Maybe I had just been overthinking this whole time. Jon wasn't mad at me, I mean he didn't have a reason to be mad at me so it was good that nothing was awkward between us.

A short time later a waitress came to take our orders. Jon was the same basic man he'd always been. Getting a grilled cheese and well me. I hadn't eaten all day so I was in the mood for some nice pancakes.

"You're seriously gonna eat pancakes at, what time is it...6 pm" Jon criticized looking down at his Apple Watch showing me the time that read 6:23pm.  "Yes I am now leave me alone I haven't eaten all day"

"I'm not judging!!"

"Yeah right."

Once our dinners finally came and I was peacefully trying to enjoy it. Jon would not leave me alone. Kicking my foot any chance he got following from me returning a kick back. It went on for a good 10 minutes without stopping. It was like as if we were little kids arguing

"Can you stop?" I smacked Jon with my napkin as I laughed

Jon rolled his eyes finally giving into my request "Ok, I'll leave you alone."

A few minutes later our waiter came with the check asking if we wanted to split the check or if it was just one bill "it'll just be one bill thanks" I glared at Jon as he had the biggest grin on his face "Jon no let me pay!!"

"No, I'm paying deal with it"

"But-"

"No, if and's or but's I'm paying and it's final! AND no you can not pay me back" Jon smirked as he handed his credit card over to the waiter as she walked away with it.