Chapter 8: More than just a plus one.

Start from the beginning

"We missed you."

"I can see you and Lizzie are feeling much better since the last time I saw you guys."

"Yes we are."

"So do you guys have plans tonight while your moms gone." Jon questioned as he and the twins walked into the living room

"Well we were probably gonna make some food with uncle Anthony" Josie replied as she glanced at Anthony who was on his phone in the kitchen. He looked up from his phone giving the twins a smile.

"Well ok then. You guys have fun. I'll see you ladies soon"

Jon returned back from the living room and back over to me as I had been listening over the conversation. "You ready to go??" Jon questioned

"Yeah let's go!! Bye guys I'll see you later!!"

"Bye Andy. Don't get into any trouble I don't need my friends at work calling about you!!"

I rolled my eyes at Anthony "shut up Anthony I have a clean record." I laughed as I shut the door getting the last word of that conversation.

Jon was trying so hard to hold in his laughter as we entered his car "I swear you and Anthony are so childish"

On the way to this fundraiser it was a bit quiet. The drive there was definitely not very short so the fact that most of the time Jon and I made very little to no conversation as I spent the majority of the time on my phone felt weird to me.

As we pulled into the given location. It was definitely on the more richer side as it was in a huge house. Growing up I was never used to this type of environment so it all felt unsettling to me.

Jon was definitely just as nervous as I was there were people all around us who definitely weren't anything close to our age range so I could already feel the weird tensions in the room.

"JON!!! DARLING HELLO!!" A voice I never recognized called from behind as Jon and I both turned around.

"Edna!!! Hello!!"

"I see you've brought a date along with you" the women smiled

"I- uh Andrea Parker I'm Jon's campaign manager"

"Edna Warren, I'm the one who put this whole party together"

"Well it's lovely." I could still feel Jon hovering over me for dear life not knowing what to do. "Jon you can go socialize I'm not holding you back. Just don't do anything illegal" I emphasized as Jon let out a loud scoff walking away from me

"You and ossoff aren't a thing right?" Edna questioned

"Oh no we aren't we're just friends. Why?"

"Well Jon's a rather charming man I figured he'd probably be married and well the way you guys talk you guys argue look like a couple so I was just wondering."

I could feel my cheeks lighting up and getting red "Yeah no we're just friends. For now at least" I spoke whispering that last part so she couldn't hear"

This was possibly one of the most boring things I'd ever been to since I was the practical babysitter for Jon and well there weren't many people to talk to. The only thing I found entertainment in was Watching Jon take. Shot. After shot. After shot

Although I knew I was in serious trouble if I didn't get him out of there "JON!! Sweetheart you seem to be having a lot of fun with your friends but it's getting late shall we get going?"

Jon had made company with a group of men who were possibly mid to late 40s definitely not the group I'd except him to hang out with "Do we have to" Jon groaned as he balanced his head on my shoulder