PARIS

Antoinette pov

''Antoinette, mon chéri (my darling)! I need you a moment!'' My mother calls from down stairs. I walk towards the kitchen.

''Yes mother?''

''Genevieve is sick today. I need you to go to the bakery and get me three loaves of bread.''

''Yes mother.'' I go upstairs and put my shoes on and grab my shawl and walk back down stairs.

''Here is fifteen francs. There should be five back.''

''Yes mother.'' She hands me the fifteen francs and I leave. My carriage pulls up and I get in.

''Where to mademoiselle?''

''The bakery monusre.'' He nods and starts off. I look out the window and later into the trip I start to see beggars and the poor. Sickens me. They shouldn't parade like this. They should be thankful with the King. I sigh once it carriage suddenly stops. I can hear the horses going crazy from in here. I get out leaving the money and shawl not trusting anyone here. Except Alec, my coachman. I get out to see a handful of revolutionaries on top of crates. I hate these people the most. I sigh going back and grabbing my shawl and money hiding it in my pocket and walk up to Alec. ''You may go back. If mother asks just say that it was blocked and I sent you back.

''Oui mademoiselle.'' He tips his hat from me and I walk away. I head to the bakery and walk in and walk straight to the counter.

''Bonjour mademoiselle. What do you need?''

''Three loaves of bread.''

''Oui madamoiselle, that will be ten francs.'' I take out my clutch and get the ten francs and place it on the counter. I turn my back to see the revolutionaries right outside. ''All set madamosielle.'' He hands me a bag with the three loaves and I thank him and I leave. A little boy passes me and it looks like he's never taken a bath when someone bumps into me.

''Pardon madamosielle...'' Says the man. He turns. He has gerorgous blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes.

''Antoinette. Antoinette Barre, monsure.'' He nods and takes my hand kissing the back. ''Pleasure.''

''Pleasure is all mine madamosielle.'' Then I see the pin. A revolutionary. I slightly eye him in disgust for a fraction of a second.

''I must go.'' I start to leave when he tugs my arm.

''Enjolras.''

''I beg your pardon?''

''Enjolras Apollo.'' He bows his head and I quickly leave. So cute. Wasted on being a revolutionary. It takes me half an hour until I get home.

''Mother I am home!'' Then my mother runs in with my personal maid, Amélie.

''Mon chéri! Are you alright! If you had to go alone I would've sent Amélie to get them. Are you okay?'' Mother asks checking me to see if I'm hurt.

''I'm all right mother.'' I say handing Amélie the loaves of bread.

''Mercí mon chéri.'' She says, kissing my forehead relieved. I walk up stairs and read a book. After an hour I finish my book and pick up another one. ''Antoinette! Pére (father) is home with someone!'' I quickly bookmark my book and walk downstairs to meet a man about twenty five with black hair and gray eyes. ''Antoinette, please meet Patrice De La Fontaine. Your suitor.''

''Pleasure to meet you, madamosielle.'' I extend my hand and he kisses it.

''As for me.'' I say doing a curtsy.

''We'll leave you two to get acquainted.'' Father says leading mother out.

''Why don't we go to your room where it is more private.'' Patrice suggests.

''Alright.'' He grabs my hand and we go to my room. He opens the door and locks it. I turn to him and he shushes me by kissing me and backing me up against the door and grabbing my waist. I try pushing him off, but it doesn't work. I think fast once he reaches to my arse. I slam my shoe on his foot. He backs up yelping in pain. He unlocks the door then my parents burst in.

''What the bloody hell is going on?'' My father shouts.

''He was trying to get at me.'' I say visibly shaking from fright. He turns his head and storms out.

''Antoinette!'' My father shouts. ''Why would you do that!''

''Father, I plan on waiting until marriage.''

''Antoinette, that was your future busband. It was alright.''

''I still do not feel comfortable doing that.'' I say looking at him. I've never talked back. I was their perfect angel.

''Then leave and never come back. Here's seventy francs. That'll get you to survive the month.'' He says tossing me the money.

''Ghilain, dear you are right.'' Mother agrees. I feel so betrayed.

''Pack your bags. Just be out of this room within ten minutes. Now go.'' He and mother leave with him. I grab my bag and put clothes and jewelry in. Within the ten minutes I'm down stairs and out the door not even bothering to say goodbye. With my unfinished book in my hand and my bag in the other I set out for a place to stay.

After walking for half an hour and multiple stops I come across an inn. I walk in to see people sitting at the tables and drinking, talking, and two running about, and a girl with black hair and a long light brown colored skirt, short sleeved white shirt, a hat of sorts, and a big leather belt.

''Hello dearie. Care for a room?'' Another lady asks grabbing my bag and handing it to whom I believe to be her husband.

''Yes madam.''

''Alright. Here's your key second room to your left at the top of the stairs.'' I nod and head up stairs. I open the door and it looks disgusting. But it will have to safice. I go and sit on the bed and it is as firm as wood. This is already a downgrade for leaving home. I can't go back. I sigh and lay back with a thud. Just after that there is a knock on the door. I get up and walk over to the door and open it to reveal the lady again. ''Here's your bags ma'am.'' She say. handing me the bag. I thank her and they both leave as I shut the door. I go and open my bag and get my night dress and lay it on my bed. I go and open my door and walk down stairs with my money. I've kept it in my pocket this whole time. I go and sit at the bar and the master of the house walks over.

''What'll it be miss?''

''What do you suggest?''

''Wine.''

''I'll take it.'' He goes and pours me a glass. He comes back and before placing it on the counter he says this.

''That'll be 10 francs.'' I take it out and give him the money and he hands me my drink. After I head upstairs so I can go to sleep.

----------------------------------

Word count: 1174