Chapter 9 - I Missed You

TW: SUICIDE

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS STRONG THEMES

John snuck out later that night. He just wanted to be alone really, whether that was outside or in a shop or bar- he just wanted to drink away the worries that had been building up in his mind the past few hours

It was 12:17 am, midnight. John had already planned out what he was going to do- probably just wonder around and find little keepsakes for his own well-being, perhaps even some pretty flowers and leaves to stick into his scrapbook which was titled "1969 with Pete and roger :D"  .

John carefully got his coat and shoes, making sure not to make any noise that may disturb his two roommates as he opened the apartment door and made his way downstairs - he started humming a sweet tune that he could already imagine the bass like to and mumbling lyrics along with it too. He sung, "whiskey mans my friend he's with me.." as he slowly walked along the pavement and glanced up every once in a while at the warm glow of the street lights filling his senses.

"Nearly all the time..

He always joins me when I drink and we get on just fine.." he mumbled under his breath- yet before he knew it, there was a faint tap on his shoulder from someone he couldn't see so well since he had unintentionally made his way to a derelict street with not so many street lights as before. The man who greeted him was a familiar face- and he said "you wanna go grab a drink?"- it was Keith!

"Oh thank god you're here I missed you! I missed you so much" john beamed- his face instantly lighting up as he leaned in to hug the whiskey drinking man in front of him, yet as he did so- Keith seemed to fade away into the darkness of the bitter English breeze, leaving John by himself, cold and alone- the buildings grew taller and thinner as he heard a deep voice growl at him "don't believe what they say, John, you're not crazy"

"You're not crazy"

"You're not crazy"

The voice faded into a distorted view of red and orange lights, a loud ringing disturbed his train of thoughts and he multiple scenes of his two best friends in front of him, mocking him, calling the police station, and finally, hanging. Both of them hanging by the neck on a lamp post with thick lines of blood dripping down their faces

"I'm not crazy"

"I'm not crazy"