•˚•~{Chapter One}~•˚•

I was swimming as fast as I possibly could. All I felt is betrayal after I left them behind. They told me to go, but I felt so bad for leaving. "No turning back now, Zeno..." I whispered to myself. I kept swimming until I saw the shore. I couldn't possibly go up there... Could I?

            I swam up hesitantly. I put my head up, then my hands. The warm sun dried up my scales and all I saw was carmel coloured skin on my body. I crawled up more until my entire body was out, all my scales had dissapeared, my fins were gone and my tail vanished. 

            I tried breathing like humans do. The salty sea air was sharp, which made me sneeze. Very loudly. I heard crunching close by, but I didnt know how to walk on land, so I guess I just had to deal with what happened next. 

            "Hello, whos there?" I heard a boy's voice. "It was probably just the waves coming in, Luca." A slightly lower voice said. 

            "Well Im gonna go check, stay here, Alberto." I presume that was the 'Luca' kid talking. Luca walked over, he was a short kid with dark brown curls and brown eyes. He gasped when he saw me. "Alberto, come here." Luca said through his teeth.

            The other boy walked over. He was slightly taller than Luca with light brown curls and green eyes. " Swear to god Luca, if-" Alberto started, then he looked at me. 

            "Uhm... Hello." I said quietly. Luca waved and smiled awkwardly, while Alberto nudged Luca to talk to him. "Luca, do you think this kid is like us?" Alberto whispered. Luca shrugged.

            I tried to stand up, but failed. Luca looked back at me, "Yeah. He definitely is." Luca said with certainty. Luca and Alberto walked over to me as I flinched back. "Hey, dude. Don't be scared!" Alberto yelled. "We're like you, see?" Luca said, hopping in the water. 

            Luca's scales shone a bright turquoise and his hair was a gorgeous cobalt blue. I gasped and smiled. "Woah.." I said. Alberto then jumped in the water, revealing his periwinkle scales. Luca splashed me, sending my body back to blue-grey scales and red hair. 

            I laughed as I shook my scales dry. "So, whats your name?" Luca asked, drying off. "Oh, uhm. My name is Zeno." I replied. Alberto followed Luca out of the water, "Im Alberto.", "And Im Luca." 

            "Its nice to meet you both." I smiled. I tried standing up again, I thought I had succeeded, but I was wrong. I fell to the ground. Alberto extended his hand, 'Here, grab on." Alberto offered. I took his hand and he helped me balance. I took my 'first' steps and I was on my way. Well, until I tripped...

            Luca helped me up, "Wait, Alberto!" Luca yelled. "Yeah?" Alberto repiled. 

            "What if we show him the shed?" Luca smiled. Alberto gasped and Luca dragged me.

            "I think Im fine to walk on my own." I said quietly. Luca looked back at me, then held my hand to guide me. "Just hold on, I dont want you to fall in front of all the humans..." Luca said hesitantly. "If they suspect you're not human, then they'll..."

           "I know..."

"They'll kill me."