V2: Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

Lana's eyes widened when she recognized the woman as the one who had walked out of the room in the hotel. Her eyes narrowed. How could it be posible for Fey to have been with Vance when that other woman was the one to come out of his room, not her.

Neither of them ended up knocked out on the ground, but it was obvious to everyone the female had landed more hits than the male. She raised her hands as her pack cheered.

Lana's smile left her lips when the next wolf stood in the middle as arrogant as she remembered. He dared someone to stand forward. Lana's eyes widened when Vance challenged Lucas, her mate. She moved forward but Ann stopped her.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Vance can't fight him."

"Why not? Vance is going to kick his ass. He might be older, but Aaron and Jack trained Vance. Trust me, he is the best of the best."

Lana stood still and hoped that Ann was right. When Zane handed something to Vance, Lana wondered what it was until he wrapped it around his eyes. Even with him being blind folded, Ann seemed certain that he would not lose.

When the fight began, Lana was surprised that Vance could read all of Lucas's attacks. She was impressed by not only his speed and the power of each of his hits, but by the fact he did everything without using his vision.

Of course, their pack cheered him on.

Lana grunted when the heat hit her. She clung to Ann, astonished to the fact the herbs hadn't been enough. Vance got distracted and Lucas this time connected his fist, sending him stumbling to the side. He regained his footing, dodged  the second blow and brought his fist upward, connecting with Lucas's chin.

This time, when her heat shook her body, Lucas's eyes met hers.

"Oh, shit," Lana heard Ann said in utter astonishment. Lucas moved forward, but Lana snarled, her wolf coming to the surface. She wanted to turn and run, return to the city, but she wouldn't give him the pleasure of seeing her broken again.

She held her chin high and tried her best to seem
Unfazed by his presence. But that faltered when Vance grabbed her arm, sending sweet electricity through her body. The right thing to do was to back away from Vance. Lucas had promised he would have him killed if he dared lay a hand on her, but she couldn't. The need within enveloped her. She cupped his face in her hands, but before she could pull him into a kiss, Ann jerked her away and tugged her toward the house.

Once inside the house, they ran into Kendra just as she was about to head upstairs. She rushed to Lana's side with clear concern. Lana growled in frustration, the heat becoming worse due to the distance between Vance and her.

"It's just my heat," she said.

"Did they not give you anything for it?" Kendra asked.

"It's not working." She cried out in agony before her body quivered against her will. Aaron and Jackson came from down the hall. Aaron paused to help Kendra with Lana, but Jack continued out the house, presumably to berate everyone outside.

Aaron picked her up bridal style when her legs gave out and followed Kendra upstairs, Ann a couple of steps behind.

"Why are the herbs not working?" Ann sounded really worried.

"Lana, have you mated?" Kendra asked.

Lana shook her head when she had no strength to speak.

"I can't understand why this is happening then. A she-wolf undergoes a heat like this after mating with theit true mate."