V2: Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

"Where is my family?" Lana asked.

"They have not arrived yet."

Lana raised an eyebrow. "My father is never late anywhere."

"Yeah, but getting a six-year-old ready must not be easy. Your little brother is one hyper pup."

Lana smiled, wanting to see them and hang out with her little brother. He was the miracle baby. After so many tries, her parents had given up, but then the moon goddess gave them the surprise of a baby boy. One who won her heart the moment she had held him in her arms.

"The alphas will speak with one pack at a time. Ours will be first." Ann stopped at the study, shutting the door closed after pulling Lana inside. She twirled a lock of hair between her fingers. "I need to talk to you about last night."

"Ugh. I don't want to talk about that."

"But—"

"Ann please—"

"Why don't you want to talk about it? It's nothing serious—"

"Nothing serious? I avoided discussing this with Zane. I lost control, okay and I remember him losing it as well."

Ann remained silent for a moment. "I thought you didn't remember."

"I don't remember much, but I remember canine teeth scraping on my neck okay. We almost marked each other and I don't want Zane believing our wolves have connected okay. I—I don't want anything with any wolf."

"Lana, come on." She placed her hands on her shoulders. "You're one smart She-wolf. Think about it. You're wolf took over? There is only one who will cause that—Vance."

She could feel herself blushing, the warmth spreading through her face. "Fey—"

Ann let her go, turning away from her in clear frustration. "I don't know what the hell Fey is trying to do—I told the boys you said you lost control and only one remembers losing it as well—Vance, not Zane." She faced her again. "Lana I know deep down you know it was Vance."

"No, you all want it to be me...Fey remembers being with Vance. Why would she lie, Ann?"

"Maybe because she has been obsessed with him since we were all fifteen. Lana, why are you hellbent on staying away from Vance?"

Lana tried to leave but Ann stopped her. "I'm your best friend—please, talk to me. I know something happened for you to beg the alphas to let you live at the city. You are part of this pack. You should be here with us."

"I know, but I'm better off in the human city...Ann, you know I want a mundane life. I like my life as human."

Ann hugged her. "I know there is something else." Before she could say anything, Ann spoke again. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me. Just remember that you're not alone. No matter what happens, please always remember that you have a large family here who will forever have your back."

Lana hugged her back, fighting back tears. "It's hard for me to open up about this..."

"It's okay." She pulled back, a smile on her face. "I understand."

At a ruckus coming from outside, Ann exited the study. After wiping the tears from her face, Lana followed her. Of course, it shouldn't have surprised her that everyone had decided to busy themselves while they waited for the meetings to begin. So many packs in one spot. It was inevitable that the top fighters would try to show off.

Lana stood beside Ann in the crowd. In the middle of  the large group two wolves showed their fighting skills. A short female against a male. A human would have seen this as unfair, but for werewolves, she-wolves could surpass in power their male counterparts. Of course, they would have to train harder, but it was posible.