After handing the drink back to Ann, Lana couldn't stop herself from glancing in the direction Vance stood with his team, all clearly armed and ready if anything happened. Whatever had happened clearly was what warriors would classify as a S Class Attack. Her heart ached at the thought of many innocent lives taken.

Ann wrapped an arm around Lana as they walked into the main pack house. "You know, if you want, Vance and you can take a guest room."

Lana's cheeks grew warm and she ignored the suggestion. "How many?"

Ann's bubbly energy vanished. "Sixteen."

"Are they all werewolves?" When Ann nodded, Lana's heart ached. "Do they have any leads?"

"Unfortunately, no, but all of that will be discussed in the meeting. All warrior teams are working together to track these bastards down. Once they are caught, they will pay for their crimes."

"Lana!" Lana turned to be engulfed in a bone crushing hug. "Oh, my! You haven't changed at all these past five years!"

"Fey, you look as beautiful as ever." Lana smiled.

"I joined the warriors for my pack. We were in the club last night—I heard you woke up next to Zane."

"Geez, werewolves sure love to gossip," Ann said, sounding annoyed.

She was right, but it wasn't just the werewolves. It was everyone. Rumors spread like wildfire even amongst humans—more if one lived in a small town where everyone knew each other well.

"Well, I woke up next to Vance."

Lana's eyes widened. She tried her best to not show the pain that overwhelmed her at the revelation. Even Ann seemed too astonished to even speak or move. But then, her eyes were filled with bewilderment.

"How can you be certain it was Vance?" Asked Ann. "He woke up alone and can barely remember anything."

"I remember everything." Fey sounded way too elated. "We all know the incubus' effects wear off eventually. Well, I recover from the effects of gifts faster than most."

"You seem to like him—we've known each other for years. I've never noticed—"

Fey interrupted her. "I've liked him from the moment I met him." She giggled. "It was love at first sight." She nudged Lana on the rib, something she always did. "So, was Zane any good? Vance was amazing." When she grabbed Lana by the shoulders, Lana wanted to back away. They were friends, but that was five years ago. After Lana left, they hadn't spoken so they grew apart. "I know Vance sees you like a sister—Maybe you can help me get together with him ." Now, she smiled at Ann, who had fallen silent, clearly lost in her head. "Do you think I have a chance?"

"No." Ann didn't even hesitate. When Lana stared at her in disbelief, Ann simply shrugged. "I'm not going to give her false hopes. If it's true that you were the one who shared a bed with him last night—It wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the incubus." Ann began to head into the house. "He has his eyes set on someone else."

Fey's eyes flashed amber before she turned toward the main entrance of the pack house, where Ann stood, obviously waiting for Lana. "Who? I've never seen him hang out with anyone other than his team members."

Lana became lost in her mind for a moment, recalling when Ann had asked if Vance and she were reminiscing.

"Let's head inside, Lana." Without a word, Lana listened. Once in the main foyer, Ann grabbed her hand and led her down the hall, maneuvering around those conversing with drinks in hand. Everyone greeted Lana with a courtesy nod.