☕ Chapter 1

Don't you just love coffee shops? It's nice right? The delicious aroma of the coffee and pastries, the nice vibe of the café, the warm hospitality from the waiters and waitresses... Well, at least from a customer's point of view.

For Koyuki Seri, who happens to be a worker there, it sucks. The noise, the long lines, the demanding customers, the constant overtime... There's nothing nice about it. Everyday, he has to go to work at the town's coffee shop, Mitoya Coffee, eight hours a day from 10:00 AM until 6:00 PM, brewing coffee for random people. Doesn't that sounds boring? What a dull life.

The only reason for Koyuki to keep on going with his dull life is Sumiso Kotoko, one of his co-workers who happens to be very popular among the other employees and regular customers. Not that he's jealous or anything. Why would he be? It's not that he likes her.

Does he?

No...

Sadly, she didn't come to work today. So he had to suffer through the entire day of work without his ray of sunshine beaming by his side, giving words of encouragement and cheering him up whenever he feels down.

Speaking of work...

"Koyuki!"

Just as he was about to go further into the clouds, he got pulled back down to earth by the voice of his manager. "Ah, sorry. What were you saying?" He lightly bowed his head in apology and embarrassment. "You shouldn't keep customers waiting." The manager spoke sternly but calmly.

Koyuki snapped his head to the side, towards the counter where a lot of people were already queuing. "Sorry to keep all of you waiting!" He bowed his head again. Without wasting any more time, he got to work.

He could see many faces there which he could probably say were familiar. Some, new once as well. Nothing special about that. But there's this one person who caught his attention.

"One hazelnut latte, please."

The guy was tall and had somewhat long orange hair, orange reddish eyes with long bangs covering one of it. Suddenly, somehow, Koyuki felt something in his chest he didn't quite recognise. It's like his heart just skipped a beat and was pounding like crazy. He could feel the heat traveling rapidly up to his cheeks.

'What is this feeling?'

"S-sure... And your name, sir?" The brunette asked, grabbing a cup and reaching out for a pen on the counter.

"Hanadori." The guy spoke with a sweet smile crafted on his face.

Koyuki made sure to jot that down on the paper cup. As soon as the orange head walked away from the cashier and towards his table, Koyuki started making the said coffee. Normally he wouldn't make the orders that he took, but he felt the urge like he should.

He wanted to make it.

~~~~~

"Here's your order, sir. One hazelnut latte."

Hanadori looked up from his phone at the sound of that voice. It was the brunette barista, with his drink in hand. He could feel his heart pitter patting at a dangerous speed. Trying to keep his cool, he gave the latter a little smile and a simple "Thank you." As soon as Koyuki left, Hanadori immediately brought a hand up to cover the blush on his face.

'What is this feeling?'

He looked down at his cup, his name been written in beautiful cursive. Not to rush things, but he kinda wish the barista wrote down his number as well. Hanadori blushed at the thought. What was he thinking? He haven't even asked his name.

He decided to take his leave before anyone could notice he was staring at the barista for the past ten minutes. As he pulled open the glass door, he stole one last glance at the brown-haired guy behind the counter which he now dubbed him as 'Kitty boy', based on his appearance, with his cat-ear-like hair and his long belt which represent a tail. Hanadori finds it cute actually.  

Would he say that he has a crush on that 'Kitty boy' though? Well, he's also a guy. Not that it matters...

Maybe he should ask his best friend for advice.