⟾ 24 | JEALOUSY, JEALOUSY

Start from the beginning

I felt so lost, even though I knew exactly where I was, and who was with me. I felt alone, even though I knew someone was sleeping one door away from me and in the next room. I felt so worthless, even though someone said they loved me.

Why was everything so twisted?

I felt sick.

Maybe I am.

───── ⋆⋅🔥 ⋅⋆ ─────

"MISS ME, BABY?"

Seeing the fear in William's eyes was something I found to be rather amusing. If I wasn't so bothered by the way Louis was staring at me with adoring eyes, I might have had a chance to revel in my laughter.

But no, it was too awkward for that.

I didn't really want to look at him at the present moment, because who knows what he's planning in that meat-head of his? I bet he's writing a poem. Or singing a song about this 'love' of his. Something sickly sweet, because he's currently looking at me like I'm the most brilliant person in the world—all because I'm holding a gun to William's figure.

Jeez, Partridge.

"Ash," Miller spat out, "I should have known you'd show up at one point."

I gave him a sour look. "And why is that?"

"You and your lover-boy are never far apart," the man smirked, "although, I have to say I'm surprised, [y/n], I never took you for the dating type."

"That's because I'm not the dating type."

"Then why are you with Partridge?"

"I'm not with Partridge!" I exclaimed, "but besides, our personal affairs don't concern you."

I was trying to shut the conversation down, but when Louis heard my previous sentence, he let out a scoff under his breath. I gave him a glare, and returned to threatening the man for information.

"What time is the bomb being set off?" I snapped.

William frowned. "I'm not telling you."

"You know I will use this if I have to," I said, nodding to the weapon in my hand, "so talk."

Taking a step back, the double-agent held up his hands defensively. Even with that stone-cold expression he tried to wear, I could sense the fear radiating off of him like an aura of pure grey. Bleak and mindless, just like he was.

"Even if you kill me, you won't be able to stop it," he hissed, "you two have the world against you."

I gave him a glare. "Your point?"

"You won't win."

"It's never been about winning," I said, stalking across the room.

Tossing the rifle towards Louis, I grabbed William up by the tie, yanking him forward until I could hear the quickening of his breath as he was threatened under my stare. He was always a coward, even when he played the part of an Agent. He was scared then, and was scared now, and I wanted him to be scared for the rest of his life.

"Never had the chance to fix your tie, did I?" I spat out, my voice seething, "so start talking now, or you'll find it a little too close to your throat, Miller."

The man let out a squeak, before dropping his act entirely.

"Three hours," he blurted out, "the bombs are set to blow in three hours."