XXVIII. Full Undivided Attention

Start from the beginning

I went down and fixed his wig, "Remember."

"The wig stays on."

"Okay." I grab his hand and help him put on the boots.

When the front door opened, I grabbed two jackets and layered them around myself. There was a harsh rain earlier in the morning, so the ground was still wet. I hold the bottom of my dress and walk outside with everyone else.

In the front, there was a limousine. I would say it's because of Marcelo, but it's not. My parents are the ones who rent out the limousine. It's their way of apologizing. They couldn't be here to see me in my pretty dress.

Marcelo bumps into me.

"Yeah?"

Everyone was in front of us.

He leans down, "You look beautiful...like always." After that sentence and leaving me in an enraging temperature, Marcelo caught up with the guys.

After we drop off Kai, we head towards the winter ball.

"Hey," Eric calls Marcelo, "You okay with going with us and not your mate or anything."

I'm not sure if Eric is playing stupidity or he is that stupid not to put together the pieces. But, from what I told them, it should be obvious that I'm Marcelo's soulmate.

I don't know how he always manages to keep a straight face. Marcelo smiles, "Nah. She's fine. We'll meet up at the party."

"Are you sure you're a werewolf?"

Marcelo inches closer to him. Out of the blue, he jolts his body closer. His canines made their appearance, and his eyes turned black.

Eric screams like a little girl and falls off his seat.

Everyone burst out laughing.

Marcelo holds out a hand, and Eric hesitantly grabs it. "Does that answer your question?"

Eric nods, "Yes. Yes."

Marcelo hangs an arm back and looks at me, "I'm not sure if I want to go with her."

"What? Why?"

"Because she's an awkward tomato."

"Tomato?" I couldn't hold back the word.

"Yeah. For some reason, she's always red. Like a tomato." Marcelo looks at Eric, "It's not attractive."

"Maybe," I said. "Looking at your face makes her extremely angry." Like now.

Marcelo rests a leg above his thigh and rubs his chin, "I don't think so."

"What makes you not think so?"

"Well...considering how she jumps on my cock every chan-"

Brenda spits out the water she drank.

Then, amid the silence, she burst out laughing.

I hate her.

Finally, after some intense moments, we arrived at school.

Brenda was still laughing.

She laughs from the limo all the way to the auditorium.

"What's wrong with her?" Brian question.

"You know, I used to think that you two have one brain cell. And Brenda was the one with the brain cell," I said. "Now, I think you're the one with the brain cell."

Brian stopped walking, but I didn't. "Wait. Was that an insult?"

Inside the auditorium was a group of people. Some were near the concession stand, others at the white round table, and many were in the middle of the dance floor. There were numerous blue and white balloons everywhere, with a photo booth in the corner—typical school dances.