Of course, they assumed that James wouldn't be a complete pile a mush whenever you were near. They definitely didn't think this would be happening months after the honeymoon phase should have run its course. No, it didn't run its course. Not at all. James still turned into said pile of mush at your presence each and every time.

It didn't matter how much the marauders loved you and how happy they were for James for being with the girl of his dream. No, literally. He had dreams about you that he claimed were going to date him one day. It was in the heavens he said. But that's besides the point. The amount of times they had to see James acting so lovesick around you was just, well, nauseating. Even the things James was prone to say first thing in the morning before you weren't even there made Remus want to roll his eyes so hard they might get stuck in the back of his head and made Sirius consider pushing James' head into his cereal. Sirius specifically was starting to be completely put off by James' ramblings about you. Especially at Breakfast.

Like any day, James woke up with a spring in his step. It didn't matter if he had a Potions exam he wasn't prepared for, James never let anything put a damper on his spirit. And just like any other day, Sirius woke up very much not in a good mood. As the Marauders made their way from the Gryffindor Tower to The Great Hall, James was already going on about how wonderful today was.

"Oh!" James exclaimed with an expression of joy. "It's a wonderful day, Padfoot."

Sirius grumbled. Unlike James, Sirius was not a morning person. James being unwaveringly chipper each morning usually put Sirius in a worse mood than he already was when he woke up. James' new waves of cheeriness since dating you has only worsened Sirius's mood. "Yeah," he mumbled moodily. James didn't notice that. "How's that?"

Slinging his arm around Sirius he said cheerfully, "The sun's out and we have charms today which is always easy as can be! Not to mention Quidditch is tomorrow."

Sirius's mood seemed to perk up if only slightly. He still had no food in him so that was the best he could do right now. As they reached the inviting smells of toast and sausage in The Great Hall Sirius found himself not as annoyed as he typically was with James who by now would have said how much he couldn't wait to see you at least two times. This, of course, didn't last long, however. "Not to mention I get to see my sunshine!" He said with what Sirius would call a stupid, love-struck grin. So much for Sirius not being in a bad mood before he even had food in his stomach.

"Your what?" Peter asked dumbly, still half asleep even though they were nearing The Great Hall.

"Why, my sunshine, of course Wormtail!" James said with the same bright smile. "Y/N! Oh, I can't wait to see her!"

Sirius looked more annoyed than ever and opened his mouth to say something that was likely not going to match James' tone. Luckily, Remus interrupted whatever he was going to say which would, no doubt, go right over James' head. "We're playing Hufflepuff tomorrow, right James?" Remus asked already knowing full well the answer to his question. All James talks about is Y/N, Quidditch, and pranks. His holy trinity.

James perked up if that was even possible in his gleeful state. "Right you are Moony!" James grinned. "MacMillan won't know what's coming to him. They won't stand a chance I'll tell you."

Once they were on the topic of the Quidditch Match that was tomorrow, James thankfully stay on that topic. Sirius even seemed to be in a better mood as they got to The Great Hall.

If James had a happy expression before, the Marauders weren't sure what to call his expression once he saw you sitting at the Gryffindor table with the other girls. Upon seeing you, he walked faster into The Great Hall apparently his previous pace not quick enough.

As James got to the Gryffindor table where you were sitting next to Marlene and Dorcas, he swooped down and pressed a kiss to your cheek. "Hello, Sunshine." he said smiling down at you leaning his arms on the table.

You looked up at him surprised then smiled. You hadn't heard or seen him before he greeted you. "James!" you said going to hold his closest hand. "Missed you." You murmured and smiled softly up at him.

He returned your adoring smile and sat down, still holding you hand on the table. "Missed you more." he said, leaning down to give you a soft kiss.

"Lovebirds!" Sirius said sitting across from the two of you making you turn your eyes away from your boyfriend. "Keep the snogging to a minimum, will you? I'd like keep my breakfast down!" He joked.

"Sure thing, Sirius." You chuckled used to Sirius's mood in the mornings.

James pulled your attention back to him. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" He asked you making you turn to look at him and blush. No matter how often he gave you these sweet comments they never failed to make your cheeks turn a shade darker.

"Hm," you sighed pretending to be thoughtful. "Only once or twice." You joked smiling at him.

He sighed adoringly resting his chin in his palm. "I'm so in love with you sunshine."

Your blush deepened and your smile grew. "I'm so in love with you too, James. But why, sunshine?" You laughed. You never knew why he called you sunshine. You loved that he called you that because the way he said it was just full of so much love, but you needed to know why.

"Because you are like sunshine." He said matter-of-factly. "You embody the sun. Being near you is like feeling the sun on your skin. You're warm and the brightest light in my life."

You knew that James' friends were watching this interaction and you would hazard a guess that there was a roll of the eyes on Sirius's end from James' cheesiness, but you didn't care what anyone thought. You were too in love with him to care what anyone thought.

Unbeknownst to you, the Marauders all shared a look that said something that didn't have to be spoken with words. If James was this happy because of you, they would just have to deal with the fact that his love for you made him act like a pile of mush.