Between study dates in the very back of the library, evening spent cuddling in the room of requirement, and spending time together in the Slytherin Common Room. Before you knew it, what you had with Draco did become something real and you knew what you had to do.

You had to tell Harry.

In the back of your mind you knew this wasn't going to go over well. Between who you were dating, the fact that you hid it from him for half a year and Harry's tendency to be an absolute drama queen, you knew that this conversation could very well not end in a hug. But you thought you might as well go in with an open mindset, right?

You figured that right before dinner would be the perfect time to tell him while he was alone. Well, as alone as Harry ever was. Rushing through the Portrait, you entered the Gryffindor Common Room and searched for your brother. You recognized a familiar mess of jet black hair in the corner not too far from the fireplace sitting with Ron. Walking over speedily you faked confidence. "Harry! There you are!"

"Y/N!" he smiled, straightening himself up. "What's up?"

"Harry," you trailed off wringing your hands as your thinly veiled faux confidence fell and your nervous state showed itself, "I've got to tell you something."

He furrowed his eyebrows seeing your nervousness. "What is it? Is something wrong?"

"Well, no," you started carefully. "And yes." You squinted your eyes, berating yourself for your awkwardness.

Harry looked as confused as one could be when his sister something was and also wasn't wrong.

"Listen Harry, I've been keeping something from you."

"Keeping something from me? Y/N, what could you possibly have to keep from me?"

He didn't look angry. No, just perplexed. Maybe he won't be angry at all when you tell him— "Y/N?"

"I'm dating someone" you said so quickly he had to do a doubled take and he turned to Ron with pulled eyebrows as if to ask 'Did my sister just speak fluent gibberish?' Ron merely shrugged in response. Once he caught on to what you said, Harry stood up from the sofa smiling, "Really?" He excitedly asked. "Who is it? How long have you been seeing them?"

Before he could fire off anymore queries Ron interrupted with a laugh. "Bloody hell, Harry. Give her a chance to answer and take a breath for Merlin's sake!"

Rolling his eyes, Harry looked expectantly at you. Clearly, expecting answers. Who was it you were dating and how long have you been together?

You were stuttering before you even got a word out of your mouth as your nerves settled into place in the pit of your stomach. "I—uh—well," you started picking up the habit of looking everywhere but the person's eyes you were meant to meet because of your nerves at what would happen when Harry found out the answers to his question. "It—it's someone you know." You finished dumbly.

Having an aptitude for finding humor in the wrong circumstances, Ron let out a laugh. "Really, Y/N?" Ron asked. Turning to your brother, he grinned at your awkward state. "She's so worried you think she's dating a bloody snake." Harry laughed instantly at his best friend's remark finding that scenario very funny indeed.

Oh no. This definitely cannot be a good omen for the rest of this conversation.

"Y/N?" Harry asked quieter than he'd been previously talking as their laughter died down and he observed the solemn expression on your features. "Are you dating a—"