A selfish part of you thought he was regretting being with you. After all, a son of pureblood death eater dating a muggle-born with a war coming was careless on both your parts. His family could disown him and his crazy aunt could kill you. It was dangerous as the war wasn't frightening enough.

But you found out it wasn't you that was changing Draco. It wasn't even his family it was himself. You can't explain how you knew, but when you heard Moaning Myrtle say that someone has been coming into her bathroom crying, you just knew it was your Draco.

One day you rushed into the bathroom, forgetting if anyone would see you and you saw him. He was standing in front of a mirror and shaking as he cried.

"Draco?" you asked him as quietly as you could, not wanting to startle him.

He looked terrified and he asked you with a hoarse sob, "What are you doing here?"

Ignoring his question all together, you said "What's wrong, Draco? You can tell me."

He was shaking even more if that was possible. "No," he whimpered as he shook his head profusely. "You'd hate me, Y/N."

"Nothing in this world could make me hate you," you assured him, praying he believed you. "Please tell me what's happened."

"They made me do it, Y/N. If I didn't they'd kill my family."

"Draco..." you trailed off, having an idea of what he was going to tell you. You had hoped it wouldn't happen, but when Lucius went to Azkaban you feared it would happened.

He rolled up his left sleeve and there it was. The Dark Mark. Your Draco was a death eater. You couldn't comprehend how he could be one of them but at the same time you weren't shocked. You knew who his family was, but more importantly, you knew he was nothing like his family.

You sat on the ground, not caring how dirty you robes got. "Listen to me," you grabbed his hands firmly, not wanting to let go. "I understand, you had to do it. This changes nothing for me Draco, nothing, you hear me? Nothing will ever make me hate you."

You didn't know how long you sat there. Minutes, hours, it all felt the same. Time was in a standstill as you held each other, knowing that everything was changing.

*

Why she had to go, I don't know, she wouldn't say
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday

The only shared moments you and Draco had together were in the room of requirement away from prying eyes of gossiping classmates and ease dropping professors. On this evening, you were sitting with Draco on a soft leather couch as he laid on your chest and you combed your fingers through his hair. When you would run your finger nails over his skull he would let out content sighs, which filled you with adoration for him.

Although time had pass, you were unsure as to how much time had passed. This happened whenever you were with him; It was as if the time stopped ticking and you were stuck in eternity with him whenever you were in each other's presence. Not a word was uttered the whole time. There was no noise at all, just a smooth, peaceful silence. You both treasured these moments with each other; No one else, just one another as your presence calmed him and his made your heart swell with endearment.

You wanted to stay with him forever, but the difficult truth was impossible to ignore. Forever wouldn't be possible for the two of you. It just wasn't in the cards. At least not with his family and your blood status. You knew it and you think he did too. It was easier to ignore the future of your relationship in the muted lighting in the room of requirement that evening then it would be the next morning in the cold light of day.