Attack of the Soldier

Y/n POV

"At a special United Nations conference, 117 countries have come together to ratify the Sokovia Accords." A news reporter said into the microphone; her words being broadcasted to the whole world. I was sitting in my room at the avengers compound watching my mom on the news. "Excuse me, Miss Romanoff?" A lady in a purple blazer said thrusting a clipboard in her direction.

"These need your signature. Thank you." The lady smiled as my mom scribbled down her name. The Wakandan prince or T'Challa strode over to my mom "I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight." He said, his accent enhancing his voice. "Oh, well, it's not always so flattering." My mom fixed her hair as a camera passed their direction, "You seem to be doing alright so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill . . . I wouldn't think you would be particularly comfortable in this company." T'Challa said.

"Well, I'm not." My mom replied, "That alone makes me glad you're here, Miss Romanoff." He said resting a hand on her shoulder "Why? You don't approve of all this?" My mom questioned "The Accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred." T'Challa explained. 

"Unless you need to move a piano." King T'Chaka laughed walking up to the two and clapping his son on the back. "Father," T'Challa greets "Son. Miss Romanoff." The king nodded his head to my mom. "King T'Chaka. Please, allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria." My mom starts, flipping her hair over her shoulder "Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today." The king bowed his head.

"Yes, so am I." My mom replied " If everyone could please be seated. This assembly is now in session." The speakers blared out. Everyone took their seats; my mom sitting at the front, King T'Chaka standing in front of the crowd.

"That is the future calling. Such a pleasure." T'Chaka said walking away from his son "When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative. Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace." T'Chaka said as T'Challa was glaring at something outside the window.

"EVERYBODY GET DOWN!" T'Challa screamed running forward to protect his father. The corner of the building exploded, building pieces smashing to the ground. The person carrying the camera dropped it and ran leaving a clear view of what was going on. My mom just got out in time but T'Challa could be seen crawling over to his father's corpse. Hugging his father closer to his chest.

My heart went out to the man but I was more concerned about my mom; I saw her retreat into the ashes but after that, I didn't see her again. 

---

3rd Person POV

Steve Rodgers and Sharon Carter were sitting in a hotel lobby somewhere in London; all the way in the back corner talking about the only thing they could; Peggy "My mom tried to talk me out of enlisting, but, um, not Aunt Peggy. She bought me my first thigh holster." Sharon said taking a sip of her drink.

"Very practical," Steve commented, "And stylish," Sharon said, a smile gracing her lips. "CIA has you stationed over here now?" Steve asked, "In Berlin, Joint Terrorism Task Force." Sharon responded "Right. Right. Sounds fun." Steve nodded his head "I know, right?" Sharon smiled back "I've been meaning to ask you. When you were spying on me from across the hall..." Steve paused "You mean when I was doing my job." Sharon corrected.

"Did Peggy know?" Steve questioned "She kept so many secrets. I didn't want her to have one from you." Sharon said as Sam walked over to the two and sat down next to Steve "Steve. There's something you gotta see." He pointed to the TV at the front of the lobby "A bomb hidden in a news van..." A news reporter said zooming in on the bombsite.

"Who's coordinating?" Sharon asked sitting further forward in her seat "Ripped through the UN building in Vienna" "Good. They're solid. Forensics?" Sharon said now standing up "More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations." Steve looked down at his hands.

"I have to go to work." Sharon said walking out the hotel; Sam and Steve trailing behing her.