⥑ Prologue ⥏

⫷⫸

The screams of sirens echoed throughout the city, the city the seemed to never see a break of light, people scampered around the pavement seeking to find the perfect target.   

Elliotte always wondered why he had stayed in the slums that were Gotham, a place where you are either poor or intensely rich, he always wondered why he stayed in the place ridden with crime, where with one wrong move he could end up being stabbed, or worse his little brother, Geo. 

But he could never find the answer. 

Money wouldn't be a problem, he could hack into any bank and get the money they needed to move to a much safer, sunnier place. 

His job wouldn't be anything new, since his job was a freelancing, meaning he sat before a shitty computer, doing wither whatever his client wanted, may it be hacking into their partners phones to see if they were cheating, or gaining info for the league of assassins, or doing whatever he wanted.     

And since he was at the crisp age of eight-teen, he had all custody over Geo, so he wouldn't have to fight the corrupted legal system.

So there wasn't really a reason keeping him in the apartments that broke many health codes, as well as laws, there wasn't really a reason that kept him to continue on, breathing in the air of hell.

He had many reasons to get out, the main one being Geo, Geo deserved better than this place.  

These were the thoughts running through Elliottes mind as he sat upon the rusting fire escape stairs, breathing in smoke from a lit cigarette.

         His eyes searching the brick wall before him, as if waiting for a sign to appear in the cracks, giving him the push he needed to get up, go pack the stuff they had collected over the years, and leave this dying city behind. 

Instead a tiny bird, fluttered down setting itself gently beside Elliotte. 

A small smile appeared on his face as he watched it hop around, looking for something to feel its small stomach.

Deep down Elliotte knew why he never left, he knew it was because that they would never be able to fit in with the society of a better place, they would be judged beyond belief, and he knew that no matter how better the chances of surviving would be, that they would never truly survive, they would lose themselves, they would leave behind the world they grew up in, a world they had always known, and he, deep down, knew it would destroy them.

For as much as they hated it.

Gotham was their home.

"Ellie, can you come help me with homework?"  small voice called, causing Elliotte to roll his eyes, Geo was probably the smartest kid out there, he didn't need any help, he just wanted to make Elliotte proud with his mind skills. 

So with a overdramatic groan, alerting Geo he was coming.

He left the little robin all by itself.

⫷⫸

A/N: Hi-