Changing [chapter 8]

Start from the beginning

          HI! it's nikos. and emily and mealonie! we want to see how you are doing. mealonie has been moping around and emily has been crying. we really really REALLY miss you. castle life is boring without you :/  can you come back? sorry, stupid question. i know you can't. stupid dad with his stupid business affairs.
          i love you. also, i've been reading a lot more. especially that favorite series of books that you like. (that was such a weird sentence). dad let me out of the palace for the first time ever, but he didn't let me go too far. i hope you are doing good. i love you. and you better write me back or else i will chop up your organs and eat them for dinner :)

                                                                             —lots of love, nikos, mealonie, and emily

p.s. dad can suck my di—

You laughed at the cutoff from the last sentence, holding the note close to your chest with a fond smile once you read over the thing one more time.

While thinking about the note Nikos had sent, your mind started to wander off to your mother. She had the same energy and looks as your younger brother. He was like a constant reminder of her for you. You smiled, thinking back on a few memories you had of your mother from when you were younger.

You didn't even notice the door being opened and someone entering the room, being too caught up in your own thoughts.

"What are you smiling at?" Shoto asked, starting to pull off his shirt which was practically drenched in sweat, "And you should probably start getting dress for combat training. Enji will get on your ass if you don't."

You noticed how he didn't even say dad nor father when he wasn't in the presence of Enji. It caught you off guard slightly, but it was understandable since you and Nikos did the same thing with your own father.

"Go take a bath or something," you dismissed him with a wave of your hand, "You reek of sweat."

"Go change. You look like a filthy street urchin when you are in fact a princess," Shoto retorted, sending a small glare your way.

"Oh? I've been promoted from peasant to my rightful title as princess?" you gasped, making sure to be over the top about it to annoy the prince in front of you.

He rolled his eyes, not knowing he let you know you succeeded in your mission. "Stupid fucking— ughh."

"Go in the bathroom already so I can change!" you groaned, throwing a pillow at him so he would get into the room connected to his bedroom quicker. With a grunt, he slipped into the bathroom.

You could faintly hear him calling for a maid to draw his water, someone else, you assumed the maid, answering with a 'yes sir'. You moved to your drawers, pulling out a dress like uniform and a pair of tights. In the closet, you knew there was a pair of boots for you in there.

You started undressing yourself after making sure the curtains were closed and your back was facing the bathroom door in case Shoto decided to suddenly come out. You quickly threw on your clothes, adjusting them to fit you better once your private areas were completely covered.

 You quickly threw on your clothes, adjusting them to fit you better once your private areas were completely covered

(maybe something like this?)

You looked down at your outfit, pulling and tugging away at it until it eventually was comfortable on you. And by the time you had your boots on, the door to the bathroom could be heard being opened.

You slowly tuned around to see prince Shoto. And he looked *chefs kiss* might I add.

With a towel covering his lower region, the rest of his body was bare and still somewhat wet with water. His hair was damp, the heterochromatic haired boy using a towel that hung around his neck to dry his hair.

As much as you wanted to continue staring, you looked away. You decided to ignore the butterflies fluttering around in your chest and left the room. Shoto had seen you but had thought nothing of it.

"Stupid fucking prince," you mumbled as you walked down the corridor once again.