Drifting (motorsport) Backstory

What is drifting?

Drifting is a driving technique where the driver intentionally oversteers, with loss of traction, while maintaining control and driving the car through the entirety of a corner. The technique causes the rear slip angle to exceed the front slip angle to such an extent that often the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right or vice versa, also known as opposite lock or counter-steering). Drifting is traditionally done by clutch kicking, then intentionally oversteering and countersteering. This sense of drift is not to be confused with the four wheel drift, a classic cornering technique established in Grand Prix and sports car racing.
( definition from Wikipedia )

This is where our story begins. (Backstory)

The night is too long to be slept through. That was a common phrase spoken around the garage. Gianni knew it all too well, he could've sworn he saw someone with a tattoo of those exact words.
Most wouldn't think this place was a dream of any child's, let alone a fresh out of high school teenager with an academic scholarship to one of the best schools in the state.
Gianni Northam could be considered the dream kid. Perfect grades, top of his grade when it came to grades along with being one of the best baseball players there. (arguably, of course)

Truthfully the teenager could do anything he set his heart out to. Gio's mother wanted him to be a doctor, his father begging him to be a a sports star.
There was something clouding the males vision though, a 1969 Ford Mustang. Bought by Gianni's father as a birthday present at the ripe age of 17.
After months of fixing the blood red car up, it was a work of pure art. And soon after, he was looking for somewhere to drive.
Oleum garage. The large sheet metal building was attached to the biggest race track in the city. A single man poured his heart and soul into the track, only to die before he could ever use it. That's where his son came in, complexly refurbishing the track into what it was today. A money making, drifters dream.

Three days after Gianni's 18th birthday he showed up at the garage doors. Puny, small and pretty lost. Finding the man in charge, he poured his heart and soul out just to get a shot to drive that track.
And boy did he drive.

After that spin, Gianni was accepted onto the Oleum drifting team. A team of 10 was completed now that he was there. Though the youngest and with lots to learn, he's ready to take down absolutely anyone.