New Home

(Marceline and her parents live in apartment 20. The Friars in Apartment 19. Also who recognizes this apartment layout?)

     Marceline and her dads stepped out of their truck to look at their new home in West Village New, York. The Friar family had come a week before to settle in and then help out the Black Cain family (they had more belongings because of Marceline's pets). Instead of taking the train or a plane, they decided to drive up to New York and make a road trip out of it. Marceline had an emotional support cat and two fish as her pets. She had kept her cat Frankie in his carrier or on her lap so he could look out the window and see all the new sights pass by. Marceline had kept her fishes Glimmer and Frosty in two different buckets with lids she had done over a week and a half of research seeing, as though it was almost a 26-hour drive and along with stops about an extra day (it was a lengthy process to road trip with two guppies).

     The Black Cain's already had most of their furniture in their new home since David and Logan had come about two weeks earlier. They did that so they wouldn't have the hassle of rebuilding it all with Frankie exploring her new surroundings and Marceline running around trying to remember where she put all of the parts of Glimmer and Frosty's aquarium. They had already decided which rooms would be whos since there were only two. Marceline would get the room right across from the bathroom seeing, as though it was more open for her and her pets. David and Logan preferred a bit more of a confined space for their bedroom. One of Frankie's cat climbers and beds would be in the corner diagonally from the kitchen so he could be farther away from the big window and bathroom as the small cat climber and bed would be in Marceline's room along with the fishes aquarium.

     As David and Logan went to grab their duffle bags from the bed of the truck that had a cover, Marceline had decided to text Lucas to ask if he could come down and help her carry the two buckets that contained Glimmer and Frosty. He had texted back immediately, telling her it would take about a minute or two seeing, as he had just finished eating his breakfast and had to find his shoes. While waiting, she had decided to grab the keys from the glove compartment of the passenger seat to open the building door for her dads. She opened the door her dads passed by ruffling her hair, saying thanks along with one of the nicknames that both of them had for her.

     As they had disappeared up the staircase, Lucas was rushing down to see Marceline. She had her back facing the door so, Lucas snuck up behind her and picked her up by her waist. "You're finally here, ugh, I can't wait till you're all settled in so you can help me organize my things," he said with excitement in his voice while he spun her around, and she laughed. "Yeah, well, if you put me down, then we can get to it quicker." So he put her down and turned her around so he could give her a proper hug and so she could give one to him. They gave each other a bone-crushing hug. Even though it had only been a week since they saw each other, they still missed each other dearly. 

     Lucas grabbed the two buckets while Marceline grabbed the cat carrier that contained Frankie, along with her small handbag that had her phone, some money, and her duffle bag. She locked the truck as they walked into the building; Marceline noticed that the decor resembled a lot to her old home back in Texas and, she loved it. Neither of them found it hard to go up all the stairs as they are both used to it. Once they got to the door with a number 20 on it, the door right behind it opened and out stepped Mr. and Mrs. Friar. They both greeted Marceline by calling her by her full name; both were very formal and never really understood the point. Mr. Friar opened the door for Marceline and Lucas as they walked in. They couldn't help but curiously look at the Lavender walls and the blue kitchen.