Invited

Aaron and I spent minutes looking for this girl's social profile. I can't believe I haven't heard of her before. Aaron had finally found her Twitter account, while I found her Instagram account not too long after. Her short clips from her investigations had me in awe. I had clicked the 'follow' button after being interested in her captures, as well as her personal photos.

She had the most beautiful eyes. They were two-toned of blue and green. Her white smile complimented her fairly tan skin very well. My mind couldn't help but spark feelings. As I browsed her photos and videos, I noticed a new video that was uploaded at least a year ago (that's how far I went into her profile) that caught my attention.

A split second of the fifteen second video shows her camera panning down a long hospital hallway. After that split second, all of the doors on both sides of the hallway shattered in front of her. Shards of wood and glass went everywhere. I honestly wanted to cry after hearing her screams of pure and agonizing terror. It infuriated me to see her being bullied by these dark forces. She fell towards the end of the video and I could vividly see a black mass behind her. I couldn't imagine how scared she must've been! In all my years of investigating, I've never experienced anything like that! Sure, some events have came close, but none of my evidence compared to that. People don't understand that when you're doing investigations like this, you're walking around in the pitch dark: you can't see! Unless you're looking through your camera's viewfinder. As I read the comments on the video, I noticed a lot of them were disrespectful and inappropriate, so I decided to leave a comment: "If u think this is fake, u try doing what she does and get back to me on that."

After seeing my comment successfully post, I mentally kicked myself as I commented on a video that was at least a year old on her profile. Dammit.

oOo

{Lacy's Point of View}

Soon, the radio conversation with Dave Schrader was over, and I felt better knowing that I opened up myself a little bit more, hoping that people listening would understand. I was proud of myself and my work, but as much as I wished to say so, investigating doing fund for every day duties. In fact, investigating pays nothing, and I like it that way. I love doing what I believe my mind thrives for, sadly, the government doesn't agree with what I do, so I have a full-time job to pay off their charges. I work at the Esmeralda County Library in Goldfield, Nevada. It's the closest job I can get to the paranormal history of my surroundings. I work throughout the week and am off on Fridays and Saturdays. I spend twelve hours of my day reading, organizing books, and working in silence. It actually gave myself a calm state of mind.

Today was Monday, and I had been enjoying the rest of my evening after returning from what seemed like a long day at the library. I walked through my house, still nibbling on my Honey Bun with a fresh-brewed herbal tea in hand. As I reading a great horror novel by Steven King, my phone interrupted my needed silence as it sat on the coffee table in front of me. I looked at my ringing phone confused as the call was coming from Las Vegas,

-"Hello?" I asked confused, and with a mouthful of Honey Bun.

-"Is this Lacy Douglas?"

-"Speaking." I said, quickly swallowing my bite, almost choking on my Honey Bun.

-"This is Doug Duke, I'm the director of the Nevada SPCA and I'm hosting a Celebrity Poker Tournament this weekend as I called to request your arrival!"

-"I'm sorry, I'm not a celebrity!" I chuckled, "But is this event for a charity?"

-"Of course! All proceeds go to the NSPCA. And if you're interested in adopting, there will definitely be a furry friend to solid your mind." He smiled through the phone.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad if I was to get a cat or dog.

-"Well, it's something I'll have to think about. Is it this Friday?" I asked, my voice coated with hopefulness.

-"Yes, this Friday, November 14th!" He assured.

-"Where is this event being held?"

-"Here in Las Vegas at the Planet Hollywood."

All the way in Las Vegas?

-"Okay, I'll be sure to make sure I'm off work this weekend! They sometimes call me in on weekends, so it's hard to give you a solid answer right now."

-"The organization would love it if you were able to attend!" He cheered, "Just give me a call back or you can text me at this number."

-"Looks like I'll hopefully be taking a trip to Las Vegas!" I smiled.

-"Great! I hope to see you there!"

oOo

After the call had ended, I immediately grew suspicious. I know absolutely nobody in Las Vegas! How would a director of an animal organization get my number? Let alone know who I am? I couldn't think of anybody that knows my number who lives out of town, except Dave Schrader.

I picked up my phone and dialed the number that was forever engraved into my brain.

-"Hello, Lacy!" The receptionist at the library said.

-"Hey! Can you check in with Rose and make sure I'm off for this weekend?" I asked.

-"I sure can! Give me a minute. I'll be right back." She said before I heard the phone being put on the table.

I heard slight conversation in the background, but no words could be made out.

-"You there, Lacy?"

-"Yeah."

-"She said that you don't have to worry about coming in this weekend!" She smiled through the phone.

Thank God.

-"Okay, phew! I won't be in town this weekend, so I needed to be sure!"

-"You're one hundred percent sure now! Have a great time out of town!"

-"Thank you!"

In the meantime, out of my deep loneliness, I scrolled through my social media accounts, seeing my Instagram notifications piling up. What the Hell was going on? I waited for the notification symbol to fade so I could scroll through my timeline, seeing all kinds of different celebrities who were saying that they were going to be at the event.

I was more than excited now!

I sighed heavily to myself as another few notifications popped up. I suddenly got more followers than my usual count per day was. I never gained 84 followers in a day.

Ever.

I scrolled through my notifications, seeing the source of the sudden aggravation.

'@realzakbagans followed you!'
'@realzakbagans left a comment on your photo: "If u think this is fake, u try doing what she does and get back to me on that."'

I know who this man was and what he did, but not enough to know that he was extremely popular. So, being the curious woman that I am, I gave his profile a quick glance, pressing the 'follow' button. Followed nobody on my account that was in the paranormal field, until now.

I hoped my paranormal career would take off after going to this event.